Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Tamil Nadu <ta...@yahoo.com> on 2003/06/15 08:02:51 UTC

[users@httpd] Questions about httpd.conf

 I have tried my best to test and find an answers for
the following questions and i am not able to. Can
anyone point me to the write answers

 1. Document root
 Does the starting document root needs to be the same
for all virtual hosts?

 e.g. In the httpd.conf file i have defined the
doucment root as
 /var/www/html/vhosts

 and in virtual host 1 i have
 /var/www/html/vhosts/vhost1

 and in virtual host 2 i have
 /var/www/html/vhosts/vhost2

 and in virtual host 3 i have
 /www/vhosts/vhost3.

 It works fine for virtual host 1 and 2 but not for
host 3.

 2. server status

 I have activated the server status lines in the
httpd.conf file and still i am not able to see the
server status page. Since i have many virtual hosts is
it possible to access the server status page, if so
under which virtual host.

 3. User home directory

 I have activated the user home directory public_html,
but still i am not able to access the user directory.
Since i have many virtual host is it possible to
provide home user access.

Regards
Raja

Re: [users@httpd] Questions about httpd.conf

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On Sat, 14 Jun 2003, Tamil Nadu wrote:
>  1. Document root
>  Does the starting document root needs to be the same
> for all virtual hosts?

No.

>  It works fine for virtual host 1 and 2 but not for
> host 3.

Show us more details on the config, and tell us exactly how it is failing
(including relevant excerpts from the error and access logs).

>  2. server status
>
>  I have activated the server status lines in the
> httpd.conf file and still i am not able to see the
> server status page. Since i have many virtual hosts is
> it possible to access the server status page, if so
> under which virtual host.

That depends where you put the SetHandler.  If it is in the main server
config, it should be accessible from all vhosts.

Again, you haven't given any details on your setup or how it is failing.

>  3. User home directory
>
>  I have activated the user home directory public_html,
> but still i am not able to access the user directory.
> Since i have many virtual host is it possible to
> provide home user access.

Yes.

Again, you have given no details on your setup or how it is failing.

Joshua.