Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by madhav bahuguna <ma...@gmail.com> on 2014/09/03 11:19:56 UTC

How to stop Solr delta import from creating a log file

I have solr installed on Debian and every time delta import takes place a
file gets created in my root directory. The files that get created  look
like this

  dataimport?command=delta-import.1

  dataimport?command=delta-import.2

 .

 .

 .

  dataimport?command=delta-import.30

Every time there is a delta import a file gets created , i opened the file
in vi editor and its an xml file. Why are these files getting created and
how do i stop solr from creating them.

To start solr i use this command

  Java -jar start.jar &

According to this command no log files should be created. Please advise and
help iam new to solr.
--
Regards
Madhav Bahuguna

Re: How to stop Solr delta import from creating a log file

Posted by Shawn Heisey <so...@elyograg.org>.
On 9/3/2014 3:19 AM, madhav bahuguna wrote:
> I have solr installed on Debian and every time delta import takes place a
> file gets created in my root directory. The files that get created  look
> like this

I figure there's one of two possibilities:

1) You've got a misconfiguration in the dataimport handler.

2) Solr has a bug that doesn't show up for most people, because most
people don't run Solr with full root/administrator privileges.  On Linux
systems only root typically has write privileges on the root directory.

You'll need to share your configs to see if there's anything obviously
wrong in them.  We'll also need to know which version you're on.

Thanks,
Shawn

Re: How to stop Solr delta import from creating a log file

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: I have solr installed on Debian and every time delta import takes place a
: file gets created in my root directory. The files that get created  look
: like this
:
:
:   dataimport?command=delta-import.1

that is exactly the output you would expect to see if you have a cron
somewhere, running "wget" against the DIH, as root...

hossman@frisbee:~/tmp/dh$ wget --quiet "http://localhost:8983/solr/rss/dataimport?command=delta-import"
hossman@frisbee:~/tmp/dh$ ls
dataimport?command=delta-import
hossman@frisbee:~/tmp/dh$ wget --quiet "http://localhost:8983/solr/rss/dataimport?command=delta-import"
hossman@frisbee:~/tmp/dh$ wget --quiet "http://localhost:8983/solr/rss/dataimport?command=delta-import"
hossman@frisbee:~/tmp/dh$ wget --quiet "http://localhost:8983/solr/rss/dataimport?command=delta-import"
hossman@frisbee:~/tmp/dh$ wget --quiet "http://localhost:8983/solr/rss/dataimport?command=delta-import"
hossman@frisbee:~/tmp/dh$ ls
dataimport?command=delta-import    dataimport?command=delta-import.3
dataimport?command=delta-import.1  dataimport?command=delta-import.4
dataimport?command=delta-import.2

-Hoss
http://www.lucidworks.com/

Re: How to stop Solr delta import from creating a log file

Posted by Alexandre Rafalovitch <ar...@gmail.com>.
Is ' dataimport?command=delta-import.1' actually a file name? If this
the case, are you running the trigger from a cron job or similar? If I
am still on the right track, check your cron job/script and see if you
have misplaced new line, quote (e.g. MSWord quote instead of normal)
or some other abnormality. It looks like a Bobby Tables situation with
run away quotes.

Regards,
   Alex.
P.s. https://xkcd.com/327/