Posted to dev@fineract.apache.org by Awasum Yannick <aw...@apache.org> on 2020/01/31 15:44:01 UTC

Re: Apache PMCs: your chance to support your projects with Outreachy internships

Hi All,

Do we have committers here willing to scope up project ideas and mentor
during the upcoming Outreachy Session?

This could be a chance to get some tasks completed especially around
Fineract 1.x.

I see immediately that our backlog is too large..Maybe we could have an
intern or 2 try to close some of those issues if they are not too complex.
What do you think?

Thanks.
Awasum

Posted by Awasum Yannick <aw...@apache.org>.
Hi Saransh,

Unfortunately, only Committers can be mentors for Outreachy at Apache.
Maybe we could set up a process where we pair up committers with non
committer mentors. I will look into that.

Do you have ideas for possible project ideas for Outreachy and GSoC?

What is immediately required is to do some QA and Product management on
Apache Fineract Jira. We need to verify and reproduce the issues and make
sure they are true positives. There is need to expand on some of the
descriptions to make it easier for beginners to pick up and also need to
tag and estimate difficulty levels of issues. Is this something any of you
will be willing to do? This will put you in a good position to get
committership if you can show consistency and interest.

Thanks.

Posted by Saransh Sharma <sa...@muellners.com>.

Posted by Saransh Sharma <sa...@muellners.com>.
I would like to volunteer.

Posted by Michael Vorburger <mi...@vorburger.ch>.
I'll help to review any intern's PRs, but personally unfortunately really
simply don't have the time to actively mentor any Outreachy interns.  But
Outreachy is a GREAT program, I can only highly recommend it, and hope
other committers, or even why not contributors who are not committers yet,
to step up as mentors... anyone?? ;-)

On a related note, where was our "hotlist" of recommended Starter issues
again?  We should highlight it much more prominently, right on the
fineract/README.md...

Posted by David Asem <dd...@gmail.com>.