Posted to dev@openwebbeans.apache.org by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org> on 2009/04/16 10:35:01 UTC

JSR 299 / WebBeans -> Expert Group

Hi,

I am currently "representing" the ASF on the above JSR.
However, I never really did much. Also I never really committed
anything to this podling. I just try to help the community growing
whenever I have some free time.

I want to step back from the Expert Group. Question is now:
Does one of you want to be on that EG ? This community would
make most sense to have an active OWB committer being part
of the spec/EG.

Thanks!
Matthias

--
Matthias Wessendorf

twitter: http://twitter.com/mwessendorf

Re: JSR 299 / WebBeans -> Expert Group

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 1:01 PM, James Carman
<jc...@carmanconsulting.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 6:50 AM, Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org> wrote:
>> I saw on the blog of the Resin folks that they have their 299 IMPL
>> working smoothly together. But, sure, that is "only" a hello world.
>
> Yes, that was another implementation that I've been looking into.
>
> What I would *really* love to have is the right API to be able to
> access what I need as a framework developer in a
> non-implementation-specific way.  That way, I wouldn't have to have
> special "flavors" of my framework for each implementation that I want
> to support (I have an "adapter" SPI).  The specification should
> address this, IMHO.

+1 I am on the same page!

-Matthias

Posted by James Carman <jc...@carmanconsulting.com>.

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 12:44 PM, James Carman
<jc...@carmanconsulting.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 6:38 AM, Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org> wrote:
>> you can join as an individual. To represent the ASF on an EG, you really
>> need to be a committer, at an ASF project
>
> I *was* on the HiveMind PMC.  I served as the chair until it met its
> demise just recently.  I'm also a member of the Apache Commons PMC.

oh, cool. I did not know that :-)

>> Is there already some working tutorial or so for Wicket/Tapestry AND
>> OWB ?
>
> There's something out there that shows how to use Seam with Wicket,
> but nothing (that I know of) for OWB (or JSR-299 in general).  I'm
> working on a library for JSR-299 support in Wicket right now using,
> but this whole lack of support for conversations in a non-JSF
> environment is really stalling me.

I saw on the blog of the Resin folks that they have their 299 IMPL
working smoothly together. But, sure, that is "only" a hello world.

> As for Tapestry, I left that community long ago.  I'm not exactly sure
> what those folks are up to.  I merely mentioned it, since it's another
> web framework that I know could (or rather should) be interested in
> JSR-299.  Although, since they have their own IoC framework (TapIoCa
> :), they may not.  Who knows? :)

Oh, again a new IoC ? Weren't they using HiveMind ?

-M

Posted by James Carman <jc...@carmanconsulting.com>.

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 12:35 PM, James Carman
<jc...@carmanconsulting.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 4:35 AM, Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org> wrote:
>> I want to step back from the Expert Group. Question is now:
>> Does one of you want to be on that EG ? This community would
>> make most sense to have an active OWB committer being part
>> of the spec/EG.
>
> I would be interested in joining, but I am not an OWB committer.  I'm

you can join as an individual. To represent the ASF on an EG, you really
need to be a committer, at an ASF project

> very interested in making sure the spec stays agnostic when it comes
> to the environment in which it runs.  The specification should make it
> easy to use in Wicket, or Tapestry, or just plain ole JSP
> applications.

+1 on supporting these frameworks in a proper fashion.

James:

Posted by James Carman <jc...@carmanconsulting.com>.

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 12:21 PM, Gurkan Erdogdu
<cg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Matthias;
>
> Is it possible to change the EG representation after forming the EG? If it

yes, that should be possible.

> is possible, and you would like to go on this way, I could take the
> responsibility, if there will no problem.

+1
That would be a good fit, IMO.
If there is another one, let's try to add the second person as well.

History:
James and I were (long time ago) interested in the 299 EG.
However, he got "sick" of it before me :-) So, now it is only me.
(-> pretty inactive)

> What is the road map for this changing stuffs?

Dunno. Once we have a clear opinion on who (besides Gurkan)
is interested in joining the EG, I'll figure it out.

-Matthias

Posted by Gurkan Erdogdu <cg...@gmail.com>.
Hi Matthias;

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
sounds good.
I'll do the rest.

PS: I don't expect this is a fast process, so bear with me ;-)

-M

Posted by Gurkan Erdogdu <gu...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Matthias;

I have done step 1.

Thanks;

Gurkan

the process for this is like the following:

1) Have the person nominate themselves for the EG at jcp.org

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
Gurkan and James,

the process for this is like the following:

1) Have the person nominate themselves for the EG at jcp.org