Posted to user@xmlbeans.apache.org by "Anthony B. Coates (Google)" <ab...@googlemail.com> on 2009/12/17 01:12:43 UTC

How to tell, via Schema API, when you have a reference to a global element, not a local element?

Hi.  I'm trying to use the XMLBeans Schema API to process the content of
some Schemas.  For the most part things are fine, but I need to detect
when a substitution group comes into play because of a global element
reference within a complex type.

At the moment, I find that all elements in a 'SchemaType' seem to be
represented using the Java type 'SchemaLocalElement', even if they are due
to a reference to a global element.  Is there any way to detect when you
are dealing with a reference to a global element, and when you are dealing
with a local element?  I don't see how substitution groups can be applied
properly without knowing which is which.  Is there something obvious I've
missed?  I would be grateful for any pointers.

Thanks very much in advance,

Cheers, Tony.