Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Michele Mazzucco <Mi...@ncl.ac.uk> on 2007/12/10 15:14:08 UTC

[Axis2] axis2 engine not thread safe

Hi all,

I was checking some code here [1] and I've noticed that the
configuration is stored in AxisConfiguration.
However AxisConfiguration (and its super class AxisDescription) is *not*
thread safe. In particular it uses HashMap objects to store all the
parameters (and ParameterIncludeImpl -- which is used to store Parameter
objects -- is a wrapper around a HashMap as well). If parameters are set
only at startup everything works fine, however if one wishes to change
them at runtime it doesn't work (i.e. the code [2] is broken).

Best
Michele

[1]
http://wso2.org/repos/wso2/trunk/commons/statistics/modules/core/src/main/java/org/wso2/statistics/module/StatisticsModule.java