Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by mohd Viqar <mh...@gmail.com> on 2012/06/01 22:33:30 UTC

Re: OFBIZ __ PostgreSQL

In order to use postgresql do the following steps (Replace the example
database names, database user and its password by your application specific
names )

1. Create a database in postgresql example myDbName
2. Create a database user ex dbUser identified by password ex dbPassword
3. Grant access to this dbUser on the database in this ex on myDbName
4. Create two more databases for olap and tenant ex olapDbName and
tenantDbName .
5. Grant access to dbUser on these two databases also.

Now after creating three databases and a db user change the
framework/entity/config/entityengine.xml file

I am attaching a sample
http://ofbiz.135035.n4.nabble.com/file/n4632956/entityengine.xml
entityengine.xml  file with above mentioned databases and database user.
have a look at the attached file and search for above mentioned example
database names to see how to and where to change.

After making above mentioned changes execute following commands.

1. Stop the ofbiz server if running.
2. Run ant download-PG-JDBC command
3. ant run-install.
4. startofbiz