Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Gary Lawrence Murphy <ga...@canada.com> on 2001/05/16 20:32:59 UTC

Common (or combined) log format from a servlet/JSP?

Does anyone know of existing software that will use Log4J to create
httpd common-log-format compatible output?  I have a servlet application
where I'd like to leave log files that could be analyzed by 3rd-party
log processing tools.

I'd hoped Log4J might solve this directly, but there doesn't appear to
be any easy transformation short of creating my own subclasses of the
format classes.

--
Gary Lawrence Murphy <ga...@teledyn.com> TeleDynamics Communications Inc