Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Justin Ross <jr...@redhat.com> on 2011/03/01 22:06:48 UTC

0.10 bugs

Hello.  I've updated the 0.10 release page [1] with two new links for
jiras:

   * Bug jiras: issues that I'm relatively confident are updated and
     targeted correctly.  There are currently 31 of these.

     http://bit.ly/e7tcBc

   * Candidate bug jiras: casting a wider net now, jiras that ought to be
     reviewed and considered for 0.10, of which there are 100.

     http://bit.ly/h8JiF2

     Note that this query is easier to use if you use Tools -> Configure
     Columns to add component to your view.

The second query is not perfect.  It reflects my attempt to winnow down to
a reasonable set to draw from.  I selected unresolved bugs with fixVersion
unset and updated in 2010 or later.  Please feel free to adjust the query
parameters (and tell me if you make improvements).

There is a large set of jiras that are unresolved and haven't been
updated in more than a year.  I'm cooking up a plan to clean those up, so
more on that later.

For the purposes of 0.10, I'd like contributors to take a look at bugs in
the second list and consider promoting them to the first list by setting
fixVersion to 0.9.

Thanks,
Justin

-----
[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/qpid/0.10+release

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: 0.10 bugs

Posted by Justin Ross <jr...@redhat.com>.
One more thing on this topic.

If in the course of scanning the candidate bug list you discover a bug
that should be addressed, but not for 0.10, please set its fixVersion to
Future.  That way we know the bug has been triaged.  When we prepare for
0.12, we'll selectively retarget Future bugs for the current release.

And of course, conversely, if the bug no longer has any merit, close it!

Thanks,
Justin