Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Ben Wylie <sa...@benwylie.co.uk> on 2006/07/24 20:25:23 UTC

meta rule format

Am running SpamAssassin 3.1.2 on Windows 2003 Server.

I have written a meta rule and i want it to only hit if it hits the
first rule AND one of the three in brackets.

This syntax doesn't seem to work as it hits when it hits one of the last
three but not the first one.

meta DRUGS_RX (__RX + (__SPEN_DING || __PRESCRIPTION || __SAVE))

Thanks
Ben

Re: meta rule format

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Jul 24, 2006 at 07:25:23PM +0100, Ben Wylie wrote:
> This syntax doesn't seem to work as it hits when it hits one of the last
> three but not the first one.
>
> meta DRUGS_RX (__RX + (__SPEN_DING || __PRESCRIPTION || __SAVE))

You want a boolean and (&&).  The way you've done it the "+" looks like a
boolean or (||) because what comes out is something similar to:

0 + (0 || 0 || 1) == 1

whereas

0 && (0 || 0 || 1) == 0

--
Randomly Generated Tagline:
"As for SUVs being used as family cars: If a family is too large to

Re: meta rule format

Posted by Nigel Frankcom <ni...@blue-canoe.net>.
On Mon, 24 Jul 2006 19:25:23 +0100, Ben Wylie
<sa...@benwylie.co.uk> wrote:

>Am running SpamAssassin 3.1.2 on Windows 2003 Server.
>
>I have written a meta rule and i want it to only hit if it hits the
>first rule AND one of the three in brackets.
>
>This syntax doesn't seem to work as it hits when it hits one of the last
>three but not the first one.
>
>meta DRUGS_RX (__RX + (__SPEN_DING || __PRESCRIPTION || __SAVE))
>
>Thanks
>Ben

Are the base rules not catching those? It's very, very rare for me to
see a mail that would tag that rule come through the basic rules in
SA.

Maybe you should update to 3.1.3 and run sa-update?

Better still, stick SA on a nix box, it does the job sooooo much
better.

You may also want to look at http://www.rulesemporium.com/rules.htm
though Im pretty sure the anti-drug is now part of the base SA rule
set.

HTH

Nigel