Posted to dev@openjpa.apache.org by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org> on 2010/06/29 16:31:38 UTC

INFRA-2841 - Nexus access for OpenJPA

I've opened INFRA-2841 to ask them to setup Nexus permissions to allow
us to deploy OpenJPA artifacts, which means any OpenJPA committer will
have deploy rights based on our LDAP group (openjpa-committers) -

This is just step one and will not cut-off or disable the existing SCP
deployment, but is required before we can start moving any builds over.
 My intentions are to start by moving the 1.3.x branch over and then
working on trunk, once all of the deploy steps are working and
documented.  Also, by moving over to the Nexus repo, we can allow Hudson
builds to automatically deploy artifacts for us!

Current ASF Committers should be able to logon to the ASF hosted Nexus
repo using their LDAP uid/pwd (the one used to log into people and svn) at -
    https://repository.apache.org/

Also, the Maven project has a good release process page which includes
the Nexus steps and some screen captures -
    http://maven.apache.org/developers/release/apache-release.html

BTW - There has been some discussions on infra@ about forcing projects
to move to Nexus, but currently they are taking a volunteer stance and
hoping most projects will move on their own....

-Donald