Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Petr Pytelka <Pe...@lightcomp.com> on 2006/05/29 14:45:41 UTC

Problem with indexes

Hi all,

I'm testing performance of Jackrabbit and found one issue.

Test case:
1. Insert N items
2. Search each of inserted items (using Query)
3. Drop inserted item

When N is lower then aprox.1000 items every thinks works fine. But when
N is higher then aprox. 1000 items Jackrabbit (Lucene) some how "lost"
indexes and I'm not able to find required item (usualy I'm able to find
first 300 items).
If I delete index directory and re-run search, Jackrabbit build new
indexes during startup and I'm able to find all items.

Lucene: version 1.4.3
DB-backend: Derby

Any idea where can be problem ?

Thanks a lot, Petr Pytelka

Re: Problem with indexes

Posted by Petr Pytelka <Pe...@lightcomp.com>.
Thanks a lot for your answer.

I've created "ProxySearch" engine for Lucene and was looking on
parameters in method "updateNodes" and every thinks looks like ok. Also
for nodes which cannot be find.

Problem is probably somewhere in the Lucene implementation or in Lucene
itself (less probable)....

Petr

Re: Problem with indexes

Posted by Marcel Reutegger <ma...@gmx.net>.
Hi Petr,

Re: Problem with indexes

Posted by Alexandru Popescu <th...@gmail.com>.
Thanks a lot Jukka. I wasn't aware of this feature of JIRA. It is a great one.

./alex
--
.w( the_mindstorm )p.

Re: Problem with indexes

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: Problem with indexes

Posted by Alexandru Popescu <th...@gmail.com>.
Marcel, I am wondering if this fix can be easily incorporated in the
1.0.1 release. And I mean, not to change the distribution, but myself
to manually patch it.

tia,

./alex
--
.w( the_mindstorm )p.

Re: Problem with indexes

Posted by Marcel Reutegger <ma...@gmx.net>.
Hi Petr,

Re: Problem with indexes

Posted by Alexandru Popescu <th...@gmail.com>.
With 1.5.0_06 and -server the JVM crashes from time to time. If
-server is removed, than it works with 1.5.0_06 oke.

./alex
--
.w( the_mindstorm )p.

Re: Problem with indexes

Posted by Marcel Reutegger <ma...@gmx.net>.

Re: Problem with indexes

Posted by Petr Pytelka <Pe...@lightcomp.com>.
Hi,

Re: Problem with indexes

Posted by Alexandru Popescu <th...@gmail.com>.

Re: Problem with indexes

Posted by Alexandru Popescu <th...@gmail.com>.

Re: Problem with indexes

Posted by Alexandru Popescu <th...@gmail.com>.

Re: Problem with indexes

Posted by Petr Pytelka <Pe...@lightcomp.com>.
Hi,

Re: Problem with indexes

Posted by Petr Pytelka <Pe...@lightcomp.com>.
Hi Marcel,

Re: Problem with indexes

Posted by Marcel Reutegger <ma...@gmx.net>.
Hi Petr,

Re: Problem with indexes

Posted by Victor Zagrebin <za...@mail.ru>.
I didn't know the JCR-448 influence on the index search. I thought it
influence on keeping a track of nodes that are deleted from the index. Now
all ok. I haven't an indication that this problem still persists.
Thanks a lot.

Sent from the Jackrabbit - Users forum at Nabble.com.

Re: Problem with indexes

Posted by Marcel Reutegger <ma...@gmx.net>.
The issue that was reported in this thread has already been fixed. See:

Do you have an indication that this problem still persists?

Victor Zagrebin wrote:
> I think it's necessary to look at AddIndex class (in MultiIndex class) method
> execute. Why index.indexes.add(idx); is absent?

AddIndex.execute() calls index.getOrCreateIndex() that's the place where
the new index is added to the indexes list.

regards
  marcel

Re: Problem with indexes

Posted by Victor Zagrebin <za...@mail.ru>.