Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de> on 2006/01/04 19:52:54 UTC

Re: PageBreak in Excel-HTML transformer

On 29.12.2005 00:25, Oleg Konovalov wrote:

> What do you think might be wrong?

These components do not look like to be delivered with Cocoon, but seem
to be application specific. So probably nobody on the list can really
help you.

 From what I see from your XSLT snippet it seems that you have to adapt
the input XML. The Excel XML seems to read the page breaks from its
<x:RowBreak><x:Row>VALUE</x:Row></x:RowBreak> elements. As the value is
just copied from the input adapting the numbers in the original XML
structure at /document/helper-info/row-breaks/row might be sufficient.

Jörg

Re: PageBreak in Excel-HTML transformer

Posted by Oleg Konovalov <ol...@yahoo.com>.
Why do you say that XML doesn't match XSLT ?

Is it possible to debug org.apache.cocoon.serialization.HTMLSerializer code ?

I mean, it seems to work fine for mime-type=application/msword,
but creates that page-break problem for mime-type=application/vnd.ms-excel
Or is it Excel which interprets it incorrectly ?
(and IE would not let me see an HTML "source code" while it's in Excel plug-in)

Thank you, Oleg.

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
The provided input XML does not match the XSLT you showed in the first
mail: <xsl:for-each select="/document/helper-info/row-breaks/row">.

I guess you have to play around with the XSLT or the input XML yourself.
Everything else would be to difficult from "remote".

Jörg

On 04.01.2006 21:04, Oleg Konovalov wrote:

> Jorg,
>
> Here is a snippet of my input XML:
> <row>
> <cell>&nbsp;</cell>
> </row>
> <page-break></page-break>     <!--  you can see a page-break between 2 tables ! -->
> <row>
> <cell>
> <proposal-name>P Plus HMO Alt Tier Test 082605</proposal-name>
> </cell>
> </row>
> <row>
>
> If I run that XSLT transformation in XMLSpy2007, resulting XSLOutput.html does not show any page breaks
> at all (none at all in the whole document, it also drops all <table> tags):
> ...</td>
>
> So I it's a serializer interpreting the pagebreaks:
> <map:serializer name="fakeout-xls" mime-type="application/vnd.ms-excel"
>                 src="org.apache.cocoon.serialization.HTMLSerializer"/>
>
> Any ideas what might be wrong there ?  Any known bug ?
>

> Thank you in advance,
> Oleg.

 From what I see from your XSLT snippet it seems that you have to adapt