Posted to dev@lucenenet.apache.org by Prescott Nasser <ge...@hotmail.com> on 2014/05/30 04:44:43 UTC

4.0 status

Hey guys, I've got a little free time and was hoping someone could point me at some self contained item I can help port over.

I've lost track of what is still required to be done (and this : https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/LUCENENET/Lucene+4x+Port+Progress looks out of date).

Also, I have a board report and it would be nice to give a good status update. Our last few board reports have been pretty dry :)

~Prescott

Re: 4.0 status

Posted by Itamar Syn-Hershko <it...@code972.com>.
Someone needs to port that :)

WRT randomized testing - I've had a chat with Dawid Weiss of carrotsearch,
I'm trying to find a good path for bringing this over.

--

Itamar Syn-Hershko
Freelance Developer & Consultant

Re: 4.0 status

Posted by Simon Svensson <si...@devhost.se>.

Re: 4.0 status

Posted by Itamar Syn-Hershko <it...@code972.com>.
Hmm I'll try looking something up for you over the course of next week.

WRT a status report - Lucene 4.0 is pretty much ported in terms of
functionality, we now working on porting over the tests (and making sure
its easy to do and re-do again if necessary) challenges being all the
testing infrastructure and randomized testing that ideally I'd want to see
ported over as well.

There's still some parts that aren't ported, mostly the various contribs,
which we need to also figure out project structure and release cycle for.

I've just returned from one month of traveling and will get to do some more
lucene.net work soon.