Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Jason van Zyl <jv...@maven.org> on 2003/11/25 16:40:38 UTC

Maven and DamageControl

Howdy,

As there will be a lot of activity in the coming weeks I wanted to get
DamageControl setup with Maven which will require a discussion with
infrastructure.

What this means is that any commit will trigger DamageControl to try and
build Maven and send a report to IRC and the mailing list in the event
of a failed build. I would like to get this setup ASAP so

+1

http://damagecontrol.codehaus.org/builds/damagecontrol/docs/index.html

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason@zenplex.com
http://tambora.zenplex.org

Re: Maven and DamageControl

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.
+1, while waiting continuum :-)

Emmanuel

RE: Maven and DamageControl

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@maven.org>.
On Tue, 2003-11-25 at 10:56, Vincent Massol wrote:
> Big +1

I'm trying to get it setup with infrastructure but of course it's seen
as a big deal. Big fat sigh. And another one.

If it's not resolved in the next couple of days I'll ask Aslak and Jon
for some help in getting Damage Control to take it's queue from an email
message somehow. I have asked to officially be on the infrastructure
team so I can be responsible for the changes so I can set it up. If that
doesn't fly then we'll just figure out a way not to have infrastructure
required to do anything at all as we need this now. Not 2 months from
now.

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason@zenplex.com
http://tambora.zenplex.org

RE: Maven and DamageControl

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com>.
Big +1

Re: Maven and DamageControl

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@maven.org>.
On Tue, 2003-11-25 at 17:42, dion@multitask.com.au wrote:
> +1.

> On all branches?

I imagine that couldn't hurt, but I don't know if DC can distinguish
yet.

> --
> dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting
> Blog:      http://blogs.codehaus.org/people/dion/
>

> Jason van Zyl <jv...@maven.org> wrote on 26/11/2003 02:40:38 AM:
>
> > Howdy,
> >
> > As there will be a lot of activity in the coming weeks I wanted to get
> > DamageControl setup with Maven which will require a discussion with
> > infrastructure.
> >
> > What this means is that any commit will trigger DamageControl to try and
> > build Maven and send a report to IRC and the mailing list in the event
> > of a failed build. I would like to get this setup ASAP so
> >
> > +1
> >
> > http://damagecontrol.codehaus.org/builds/damagecontrol/docs/index.html
> >
> > --
> > jvz.
> >
> > Jason van Zyl
> > jason@zenplex.com
> > http://tambora.zenplex.org
> >
> > In short, man creates for himself a new religion of a rational
> > and technical order to justify his work and to be justified in it.
> >
> >   -- Jacques Ellul, The Technological Society

jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason@zenplex.com
http://tambora.zenplex.org