Posted to user@forrest.apache.org by sharath reddy <sh...@yahoo.com> on 2005/10/16 21:14:38 UTC

unable to download apache forrest!

Hello,

I have been trying to download forrest for the last
few days...but when I go to:
http://forrest.apache.org/index.html

and click on the 'Download' link, I get an error
message.

Regards,
Sharath

__________________________________
http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: unable to download apache forrest!

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
David Crossley wrote:
> Brian M Dube wrote:
> > sharath reddy  wrote:
> > >
> > > I have been trying to download forrest for the last
> > > few days...but when I go to:
> > > http://forrest.apache.org/index.html
> > >
> > > and click on the 'Download' link, I get an error
> > > message.
>
> Wow, it sure does. The Forrest committers need to
> investigate the error_log to see what has changed.
> I will try.

Thankfully the fix was easy ... execute permissions
were not set for the cgi mirror script. Will talk
and our dev list to find why it changed.

-David

Re: unable to download apache forrest!

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Brian M Dube wrote:
> sharath reddy  wrote:
> >
> > I have been trying to download forrest for the last
> > few days...but when I go to:
> > http://forrest.apache.org/index.html
> >
> > and click on the 'Download' link, I get an error
> > message.

Wow, it sure does. The Forrest committers need to
investigate the error_log to see what has changed.
I will try.

Thanks for reporting the problem.

> You may want to try http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi to find a
> mirror near you, or you can check the status of the mirror sites here
> http://www.apache.org/mirrors/ .

That is an alternative way, but we prefer that people
go via the Forrest download mirrors page.

-David

Re: unable to download apache forrest!

Posted by Brian M Dube <br...@gmail.com>.
On 10/16/05, sharath reddy <sh...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have been trying to download forrest for the last
> few days...but when I go to:
> http://forrest.apache.org/index.html
>
> and click on the 'Download' link, I get an error
> message.
>
> Regards,
> Sharath

Hi Sharath,

You may want to try http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi to find a
mirror near you, or you can check the status of the mirror sites here
http://www.apache.org/mirrors/ .

Brian