Posted to users@maven.apache.org by gc134728 <gc...@scarlet.be> on 2007/06/13 19:30:29 UTC

Mail on release

Hey maven users,

If i perform a release using the maven release plugin can automate it to send
a mail to a developers list?  and I like to have different mailing lists some
projects need to inform everybode on release and some project just by a select
number of people.

All my projects (artifacts) inherite from one single pom.

Thanks for the help.

Y. Van Steen
---
http://www.scarlet.be/

Re: Mail on release

Posted by Alexander Sack <pi...@gmail.com>.
Wow, I was going to feel bad about it...but I was going to suggest using the
antrun plugin to just email what you need, etc.  Not as graceful but will do
the trick and pretty maintainable.

-aps

On 6/13/07, Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> IMO, this is more along the lines of something you would expect from a
> continuous integration server environment ie Continuum, Cruise
> Control, etc.
>
> Could you rig something with Antrun plugin or Exec plugin to send an
> email as part of the release process? Sure.
> Is this standard built-in M2 behavior? Not that I'm aware of.
>
> Wayne
>
> On 6/13/07, gc134728 <gc...@scarlet.be> wrote:
> > Hey maven users,
> >
> > If i perform a release using the maven release plugin can automate it to
> send
> > a mail to a developers list?  and I like to have different mailing lists
> some
> > projects need to inform everybode on release and some project just by a
> select
> > number of people.
> >
> > All my projects (artifacts) inherite from one single pom.
> >
> > Thanks for the help.
> >
> > Y. Van Steen
> > ---
> > http://www.scarlet.be/

"What lies behind us and what lies in front of us is of little concern to
what lies within us." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Re: Mail on release

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.

Re: Mail on release

Posted by Steven Rowe <sa...@syr.edu>.
Hey Y.,

gc134728 wrote:
> If i perform a release using the maven release plugin can automate it to send
> a mail to a developers list?  and I like to have different mailing lists some
> projects need to inform everybode on release and some project just by a select
> number of people.

I use the maven-changes-plugin for this - works great:

<build>
  <plugins>
    <plugin>
      <artifactId>maven-release-plugin</artifactId>
      <configuration>
        <goals>deploy site-deploy changes:announcement-generate
changes:announcement-mail</goals>
      </configuration>
    </plugin>
    <plugin>
      <artifactId>maven-changes-plugin</artifactId>
      <configuration>
        <smtpHost>mailserver.example.com</smtpHost>
        <smtpPort implementation="java.lang.Integer">25</smtpPort>
        <toAddresses>
          <toAddress>LISTACCT@example.com</toAddress>
        </toAddresses>
      </configuration>