Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Juan Julian Merelo Guervos <jm...@geneura.ugr.es> on 2001/06/07 12:32:06 UTC

500 unexpected EOF before status line seen

What does this mean? I'm using mod_perl alongside SOAP::Lite module,
with by-the book configuration, and the SOAP client issues this error
and coredumps. Calling the program from a browser returns a "no data"
error.

Any idea?

          jmerelo@geneura.ugr.es  | jjmerelo@worldonline.es
JJ Merelo                         | http://geneura.ugr.es/~jmerelo
Grupo Geneura ---- Univ. Granada  | http://www.geneura.org/

Re: 500 unexpected EOF before status line seen

Posted by Juan Julian Merelo Guervos <jm...@geneura.ugr.es>.
I'll try. You mention in the FAQ that apache should be recompiled with
EXPAT excluded, and that that is done by writing: RULE_EXPAT=NO . That
seems to have changed a bit (in 1.3.20, at least); now rules are
disabled by doing

 ./configure --prefix=/home/jmerelo/apache/ --disable-rule=EXPAT

Posted by Matt Sergeant <ma...@sergeant.org>.
On Thu, 7 Jun 2001, Juan Julian Merelo Guervos wrote:

> What does this mean? I'm using mod_perl alongside SOAP::Lite module,
> with by-the book configuration, and the SOAP client issues this error
> and coredumps. Calling the program from a browser returns a "no data"
> error.
>
> Any idea?

Most likely it's segfaulting. Check your server's error log. Then read the
AxKit FAQ on XML::Parser issues: http://axkit.org/faq.xml

--
<Matt/>

     \\//
     //\\
    //  \\

Re: 500 unexpected EOF before status line seen

Posted by Ged Haywood <ge...@www2.jubileegroup.co.uk>.
Hi there,

On Thu, 7 Jun 2001, Juan Julian Merelo Guervos wrote:

> What does this mean? I'm using mod_perl alongside SOAP::Lite module,
> with by-the book configuration, and the SOAP client issues this error
> and coredumps. Calling the program from a browser returns a "no data"
> error.

Please read the file .../mod_perl/SUPPORT and some of the documents
mentioned in there.

:)

73,
Ged.