Posted to users@camel.apache.org by gilboy <jo...@gmail.com> on 2014/12/12 11:27:40 UTC

Using client_acknowledgement mode in route query

Hi

I have a route which consumes a message of a queue, transforms it and and
sends the transformed message to a REST endpoint. The JMS consumer is
configured to use client_acknowledge mode. Hence, the message will not get
de-queued until I get a successful response from the REST endpoint.

The errorhandler on the route has a retry policy of 0.

Will the route continually try to re-process the same message hence
potentially blocking other messages on the queue from being consumed?

If not, what will happen the message that was causing the problem.

Thanks
Joe

Re: Using client_acknowledgement mode in route query

Posted by gilboy <jo...@gmail.com>.
I am using camel spring DSL. Hence, not sure how I acknowledge the message
myself

Re: Using client_acknowledgement mode in route query

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

As its client mode, you need to call that acknoledge method yourself.
Camel does not do that for you.

On Fri, Dec 12, 2014 at 11:27 AM, gilboy <jo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have a route which consumes a message of a queue, transforms it and and
> sends the transformed message to a REST endpoint. The JMS consumer is
> configured to use client_acknowledge mode. Hence, the message will not get
> de-queued until I get a successful response from the REST endpoint.
>
> The errorhandler on the route has a retry policy of 0.
>
> Will the route continually try to re-process the same message hence
> potentially blocking other messages on the queue from being consumed?
>
> If not, what will happen the message that was causing the problem.
>
> Thanks
> Joe

Claus Ibsen
Red Hat, Inc.