Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Clemens Wyss DEV <cl...@mysign.ch> on 2015/01/29 11:29:19 UTC

Building Solr 5 from svn sources

Looks like trunk is Solr 6?
Should I build Solr 5 from
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/dev/branches/branch_5x

Re: AW: Building Solr 5 from svn sources

Posted by Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org>.
On 1/29/2015 12:05 PM, Alexandre Rafalovitch wrote:
> I do ant package because I want to have identical file system layout
> to the final distribution. Is there a target that does that? In my
> attempts to find it, all other targets had jars, etc all over the
> place.
>
> But that's my use-case, not OP's. So, possibly not relevant.

The 'dist' target is what I've typically used in the past.  On 4.x
versions, it creates the dist directory, with the war and all the jars
included.

With 5.0 this doesn't create a war, because that was specifically
excluded, with the idea that users should be using the bin/solr script,
not loading the webapp into their own servlet container.

If you DO want to create a war, it looks like you can either do 'ant
server' or 'ant server-war'.  It will be created as the following,
relative to root of the checkout:

solr/server/webapps/solr.war

I personally will be creating and using the war.  My setup was
originally homegrown from the jetty included in the example with version
1.4.0, and upgraded with each Solr version since then.  I will be using
this setup until such time as Solr completely embeds the HTTP server
into an actual Solr application.

Thanks,
Shawn

Re: AW: Building Solr 5 from svn sources

Posted by Alexandre Rafalovitch <ar...@gmail.com>.
I do ant package because I want to have identical file system layout
to the final distribution. Is there a target that does that? In my
attempts to find it, all other targets had jars, etc all over the
place.

But that's my use-case, not OP's. So, possibly not relevant.

Regards,
   Alex.
----
Sign up for my Solr resources newsletter at http://www.solr-start.com/

Posted by Anshum Gupta <an...@anshumgupta.net>.

--
Anshum Gupta
http://about.me/anshumgupta

Re: AW: Building Solr 5 from svn sources

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alexandre Rafalovitch <ar...@gmail.com>.

AW: AW: Building Solr 5 from svn sources

Posted by Clemens Wyss DEV <cl...@mysign.ch>.
In the README it only says "ant compile", so I was expecting to get the solr*jars from this task.
">ant jar" does the trick, what else ;)
Sorry for the noise ...

Posted by Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org>.

Posted by Clemens Wyss DEV <cl...@mysign.ch>.
Why are solr*jars not being built? All others (including lucene) are built.

Posted by Clemens Wyss DEV <cl...@mysign.ch>.
Thx!

Posted by Tomoko Uchida <to...@gmail.com>.
Yes, trunk is now for 6.0.