Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de> on 2007/03/04 10:26:53 UTC

Debugging Apache/mod_jk (worker) fault on AIX

Eric reported very strange mod_jk behaviour using it with Apache
2.0/worker on AIX.

I start a new mail thread, because until now all the discussion is part
of non-specific threads.

Eric: could you please open a bugzilla (issues.apache.org), so that we
can track the issue?

Also: When you compile mod_jk for your apache with worker MPM, does the
make output contain the flag -D_REENTRANT?

If no, how does the begginning of the file HOME_OF_APACHE/bin/apr-config
look like? Example:

APR_MAJOR_VERSION="0"
APR_DOTTED_VERSION="0.9.12"

prefix="/var/tmp/install/apache2p"
exec_prefix="/var/tmp/install/apache2p"
bindir="${prefix}/bin"
libdir="${prefix}/lib"
datadir="/var/tmp/install/apache2p"
installbuilddir="${prefix}/build"
includedir="/var/tmp/install/apache2p/include"

CC="gcc "
CPP="gcc  -E"
SHELL="/bin/sh"
CPPFLAGS="-DLINUX=2 -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE"
CFLAGS="-O2 -g -Wall -pthread"
LDFLAGS=""
LIBS="-lrt -lm -lcrypt -lnsl  -lpthread -ldl"
EXTRA_INCLUDES=""
SHLIBPATH_VAR="LD_LIBRARY_PATH"
APR_SOURCE_DIR="/non/existing/build/path/apache2/srclib/apr"
APR_BUILD_DIR="/non/existing/build/path/apache2/srclib/apr"
APR_SO_EXT="lo"
APR_LIB_TARGET="-rpath \$(libdir) \$\$objects"
APR_LIBNAME="apr-${APR_MAJOR_VERSION}"

Regards,

Rainer

Re: Debugging Apache/mod_jk (worker) fault on AIX

Posted by Tim Whittington <Ti...@orionhealth.com>.
We've seen broken mod_jk builds with xlc_r in our environments. cc_r builds seems to work fine though.
I haven't dug into what the issue is though.

tim
>>> On 6/03/2007 at 8:35 a.m., in message <45...@comcast.net>, Eric Wertman <we...@comcast.net> wrote:
Actually I started with xlc_r and it wouldn't go.  Not mod_jk
specifically, but apr or apache 2.2.4.  I stuck with cc_r for consistency.

Posted by Eric Wertman <we...@comcast.net>.

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.

Posted by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>.
Hi Eric,