Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Carlos Emanuel Madruga de Sousa <ca...@phoebustecnologia.com.br> on 2012/11/13 12:49:47 UTC

Restriction totalDigits

Hi to all,
    I'm having problems with restriction totalDigits to type decimal.
<xsd:restriction base="xsd:decimal">
  <xsd:totalDigits value="13" />
  <xsd:fractionDigits value="3" />
</xsd:restriction>

By this restriction the minor valid number is 99999999999999.0 because the
code generate by axis. On totalDigits restriction I understand that is
valid any number between 0 and 10^13. Am I right? Or this restriction is to
numbers bigger than 99999999999999.0 ?

Thanks,

Re: Restriction totalDigits

Posted by Kishanthan Thangarajah <ks...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 5:19 PM, Carlos Emanuel Madruga de Sousa <
carlos.emanuel@phoebustecnologia.com.br> wrote:

> Hi to all,
>     I'm having problems with restriction totalDigits to type decimal.
> <xsd:restriction base="xsd:decimal">
>   <xsd:totalDigits value="13" />
>   <xsd:fractionDigits value="3" />
> </xsd:restriction>
>
> By this restriction the minor valid number is 99999999999999.0 because the
> code generate by axis. On totalDigits restriction I understand that is
> valid any number between 0 and 10^13. Am I right? Or this restriction is to
> numbers bigger than 99999999999999.0 ?

Yes, the totalDigits 13 means that the valid number(mod value) should be
less than 10 ^ 13. But please note that the support for fractionDigits is
not there for now in the current release [1].

Thanks,
Kishanthan.
[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2-5358