Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Alexey Petrenko <al...@gmail.com> on 2007/09/04 13:18:00 UTC

[eclipse] Eclipse 3.3 crashes on current Harmony

Guys,

I've tried to run In Harmony with Eclipse bundle on the recent
harmony/drlvm build but it crashes silently in the very begining.
I would say that this is very serious regression for us.

I'll continue investigation but it would be nice if someone will try
to investigate it in the same time.

Thanks in advance.

SY, Alexey

Re: [eclipse] Eclipse 3.3 crashes on current Harmony

Posted by Alexei Fedotov <al...@gmail.com>.
Alexey,

AFAIK, the last switch to the new verifier happened on Aug, 8, see
[1]. I will check if the problem happens from the very beginning or
not.

[1] http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=rev&rev=563766

--
With best regards,
Alexei,

Re: [eclipse] Eclipse 3.3 crashes on current Harmony

Posted by Alexey Petrenko <al...@gmail.com>.
Yes, it works fine now.

SY, Alexey

Posted by Mikhail Loenko <ml...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Posted by Stepan Mishura <st...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alexey Petrenko <al...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alexei Fedotov <al...@gmail.com>.
Alexey,

--
With best regards,
Alexei,

Re: [eclipse] Eclipse 3.3 crashes on current Harmony

Posted by Alexey Petrenko <al...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, Alexei.

Posted by Alexei Fedotov <al...@gmail.com>.
Gregory,

--
With best regards,
Alexei,

Re: [eclipse] Eclipse 3.3 crashes on current Harmony

Posted by Mark Hindess <ma...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Gregory Shimansky <gs...@gmail.com>.

--
Gregory

Re: [eclipse] Eclipse 3.3 crashes on current Harmony

Posted by Alexey Petrenko <al...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gregory Shimansky <gs...@gmail.com>.

--
Gregory

Re: [eclipse] Eclipse 3.3 crashes on current Harmony

Posted by Gregory Shimansky <gs...@gmail.com>.
Alexey Petrenko wrote:
> Forget to say: windowsXP - release build

I took a look and eclipse 3.3, and indeed it fails to start up. The
message on windows could be seen in the terminal if you use eclipsec.exe
(console exe), it prints it to console. The message happens in debug and
release, on linux as well because it is not platform dependent, it is a
VerifyError exception with a very long stack trace:

Uncaught exception in Thread-14:
java.lang.VerifyError:
com/ibm/icu/impl/ICUResourceBundleImpl/getBundle()Lcom/ibm/icu/impl/ICUResourceBundle;,
pass: 2, instr: 32, reason: incompartible argument
         at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass0(ClassLoader.java)
         at
org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.defineClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:161)
         at
org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.defineClass(ClasspathManager.java:501)
         at
org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.findClassImpl(ClasspathManager.java:471)
         at
org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.findLocalClassImpl(ClasspathManager.java:430)
         at
org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.findLocalClass(ClasspathManager.java:413)
         at
org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.findLocalClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:189)
         at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoader.findLocalClass(BundleLoader.java:340)
         at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:408)
         at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:369)
         at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:357)
         at
org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.loadClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:83)
         at
com.ibm.icu.impl.ICUResourceBundle.instantiateBundle(ICUResourceBundle.java:1195)
         at
com.ibm.icu.impl.ICUResourceBundle.getBundleInstance(ICUResourceBundle.java:1163)
         at
com.ibm.icu.util.UResourceBundle.getRootType(UResourceBundle.java:418)
         at
com.ibm.icu.util.UResourceBundle.instantiateBundle(UResourceBundle.java:466)
         at
com.ibm.icu.util.UResourceBundle.getBundleInstance(UResourceBundle.java:123)
         at
com.ibm.icu.util.UResourceBundle.getBundleInstance(UResourceBundle.java:105)
         at
com.ibm.icu.util.UResourceBundle.getBundleInstance(UResourceBundle.java:186)
         at
com.ibm.icu.text.RuleBasedCollator.<clinit>(RuleBasedCollator.java:1764)
         at
com.ibm.icu.text.CollatorServiceShim$1$CollatorFactory.handleCreate(CollatorServiceShim.java:114)
         at
com.ibm.icu.impl.ICULocaleService$LocaleKeyFactory.create(ICULocaleService.java:378)
         at com.ibm.icu.impl.ICUService.getKey(ICUService.java:463)
         at com.ibm.icu.impl.ICUService.getKey(ICUService.java:383)
         at com.ibm.icu.impl.ICULocaleService.get(ICULocaleService.java:72)
         at com.ibm.icu.impl.ICULocaleService.get(ICULocaleService.java:56)
         at
com.ibm.icu.text.CollatorServiceShim.getInstance(CollatorServiceShim.java:34)
         at com.ibm.icu.text.Collator.getInstance(Collator.java:483)
         at com.ibm.icu.text.Collator.getInstance(Collator.java:315)
         at
org.eclipse.ui.actions.PerspectiveMenu$2.<init>(PerspectiveMenu.java:76)
         at
org.eclipse.ui.actions.PerspectiveMenu.<init>(PerspectiveMenu.java:75)
         at
org.eclipse.ui.internal.ChangeToPerspectiveMenu.<init>(ChangeToPerspectiveMenu.java:36)
         at
org.eclipse.ui.actions.ContributionItemFactory$6.create(ContributionItemFactory.java:189)
         at
org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.WorkbenchActionBuilder.addPerspectiveActions(WorkbenchActionBuilder.java:688)
         at
org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.WorkbenchActionBuilder.createWindowMenu(WorkbenchActionBuilder.java:665)
         at
org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.WorkbenchActionBuilder.fillMenuBar(WorkbenchActionBuilder.java:453)
         at
org.eclipse.ui.application.ActionBarAdvisor.fillActionBars(ActionBarAdvisor.java:150)
         at
org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.WorkbenchActionBuilder.fillActionBars(WorkbenchActionBuilder.java:360)
         at
org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchWindow.fillActionBars(WorkbenchWindow.java:3294)
         at
org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchWindow.<init>(WorkbenchWindow.java:380)
         at
org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.newWorkbenchWindow(Workbench.java:1725)
         at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$14(Workbench.java:1724)
         at
org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$18.runWithException(Workbench.java:1001)
         at
org.eclipse.ui.internal.StartupThreading$StartupRunnable.run(StartupThreading.java:31)
         at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.RunnableLock.run(RunnableLock.java:35)
         at
org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.runAsyncMessages(Synchronizer.java:123)
         at
org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runAsyncMessages(Display.java:3296)
         at
org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:2974)
         at
org.eclipse.ui.application.WorkbenchAdvisor.openWindows(WorkbenchAdvisor.java:797)
         at
org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$25.runWithException(Workbench.java:1342)
         at
org.eclipse.ui.internal.StartupThreading$StartupRunnable.run(StartupThreading.java:31)
         at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.RunnableLock.run(RunnableLock.java:35)
         at
org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.runAsyncMessages(Synchronizer.java:123)
         at
org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runAsyncMessages(Display.java:3296)
         at
org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:2974)
         at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2309)
         at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:2219)
         at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$4.run(Workbench.java:466)
         at
org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:289)
         at
org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:461)
         at
org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
         at
org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:106)
         at
org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:153)
         at
org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:106)
         at
org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:76)
         at
org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:363)
         at
org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:176)
         at java.lang.reflect.VMReflection.invokeMethod(VMReflection.java)
         at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:504)
         at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:443)
         at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1169)
         at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1144)
         at java.lang.reflect.VMReflection.invokeMethod(VMReflection.java)
         at org.apache.harmony.vm.JarRunner.main(JarRunner.java:80)

--
Gregory

Re: [eclipse] Eclipse 3.3 crashes on current Harmony

Posted by Alexey Petrenko <al...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alexey Petrenko <al...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com>.

Posted by Leo Li <li...@gmail.com>.
On 9/4/07, Alexey Petrenko <al...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Guys,
>
> I've tried to run In Harmony with Eclipse bundle on the recent
> harmony/drlvm build but it crashes silently in the very begining.
> I would say that this is very serious regression for us.
>
> I'll continue investigation but it would be nice if someone will try
> to investigate it in the same time.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> SY, Alexey

 Yes, it is a serious regression. And do you know when it start to fail?
  I will try it when I go to office tomorrow since I have no classlib
on hand. Not sure whether I can help.:)

--
Leo Li
China Software Development Lab, IBM