Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Mr Alex Eydelberg <ey...@yahoo.com> on 2006/02/06 08:58:53 UTC

[users@httpd] Get original user host name through reverse proxy

Hello all,

I have Apache running on an externally accessible IP
on port 80 along with mod_proxy installed. I have it
properly forwarding to an internal machine on the LAN
running IIS.

The issue that I'm hoping to resolve is that when I
check the user host name field in the request, it
returns the IP address of the Apache server, instead
of the original user that requested the proxied page.
Is there any way to not have Apache act "properly" in
this case and just forward on the original requestor?

Here is my virtual host configuration (domain names
obfuscated):

<VirtualHost *>
    ServerName www.myserver.com
    ProxyPass / http://internal.myserver.com/
    ProxyPassReverse / http://internal.myserver.com/
    HostnameLookups On
    ErrorLog /local/logs/myserver-error_log
    CustomLog /local/logs/myserver-access_log combined
    Options FollowSymLinks ExecCGI Includes
    AddOutputFilter Includes .html
</VirtualHost>

Thank you!