Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Mick Semb Wever <mc...@apache.org> on 2021/08/09 14:21:51 UTC

Code Contributor stats: patches, reviews, and relationships (contribulyze.py for git)

FYI

Related to repeated discussions about lowering the bar for committership,
the Cassandra community has been investigating ways to better identify
contributors. While for us it's not so much about lowering the bar, but
about first just identifying (and providing better recognition of)
contributors, I figured this might be worth sharing anyway…

So, to present time-based lists of non-committer contributions, we have
tailored Subversion's contribulyze.py script for our own needs:

 - git based,
 - our commit messages follow a precedence we can take advantage of
(contributors don't always offer patches through git commits),
 - the list of committers is automatic (fetched from ASF), and
 - shows relationships (collaboration with many, and cross-company, is
important)

Example stats at:
https://nightlies.apache.org/cassandra/devbranch/misc/contribulyze/html/

Original ML discussion: