Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Vincent Bruijnes <vi...@bruijnes.com> on 2000/07/06 08:22:41 UTC

Apache::ASP

I got this error always when running /site/eg/index.html

/www/htdocs/site/eg/.htaccess: Invalid command 'PerlSetVar', perhaps
mis-spelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration.

Is there a clue ?

Sincerely Vincent Bruijnes
vincent@bruijnes.com

Re: Apache::ASP

Posted by Joshua Chamas <jo...@chamas.com>.
I just meant, if you build/rebuild your modperl httpd,
make sure you copy it to your normal httpd place, like
/usr/local/apache/bin or something.  People often forget
this step so that even when they build it and passes all the
tests, they still get the PerlSetVar not defined error from
apache, since they are using their old apache binary still.

Check out a related documented FAQ for more info:
  http://www.nodeworks.com/asp/faq.html#Apache%20errors%20on%20the%20PerlHandler%20directive%20%3F

--Joshua

Re: Apache::ASP

Posted by Vincent Bruijnes <vi...@bruijnes.com>.

Re: Apache::ASP

Posted by Joshua Chamas <jo...@chamas.com>.

Re: Apache::ASP

Posted by Ime Smits <im...@iaehv.iae.nl>.
| I got this error always when running /site/eg/index.html
|
| /www/htdocs/site/eg/.htaccess: Invalid command 'PerlSetVar', perhaps
| mis-spelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration.
|
| Is there a clue ?

You probably didn't compile mod_perl with Apache, or you didn't
activate the mod_perl module. Check this with httpd -l: mod_perl
should be listed there.

Ime