Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Viva Gupta <vi...@mahindrabt.com> on 2001/08/13 05:55:30 UTC

Error 500- Please help

Hi all.

I am a newbie to Tomcat and Soap. I need guidance.

I have set up Jakarta-tomcat3.2.1 on my machine and in combination with
Soap-2.2 and Xerces1.2.3 . (Soap, Xerces, both from IBM)
I am using the ancient Win95.

I made the setup changes in the server.xml , to support SOAP and also
set TOMCAT_HOME correctly.
I have also set the classpath correctly to contain xerces.jar and
soap.jar .

Now i run my apache-tomcat server to access the Apache-Soap index page.
All is fine till here.
But when i click on the LIST option , which should list existing web
services for me, then it throws an Exception. Also, if i click on
Deploy, then it does deploy my web service, and on clicking undeploy, it

shows me the id of my web service also, which i can undeploy.
But i get the foll. exception when i click on List.

Error: 500
Location: /soap/admin/list.jsp
Internal Servlet Error:

javax.servlet.ServletException
        at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.handlePageException(PageContextImpl.java:459)

        at
admin._0002fadmin_0002flist_0002ejsplist_jsp_0._jspService(_0002fadmin_0002flist_0002ejsplist_jsp_0.java,

Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:119)
       at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.service(JspServlet.java:177)

       at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:318)

       at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java,
Compiled Code)
       at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.doService(ServletWrapper.java:404)

        at org.apache.tomcat.core.Handler.service(Handler.java, Compiled
Code)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java,
Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.internalService(ContextManager.java,Compiled
Code)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java,Compiled
Code)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler.processConnection(HttpConnectionHandler.java,

Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java,Compiled
Code)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java,Compiled
Code)

Root cause:

java.lang.NullPointerException
[...]

Please help me on this.

Also, my client is not able to access the web service correctly.

It throws this exception:
SOAPException= SOAP-ENV:Protocol, Unsupported response content type
"text/html", must be: "text/xml". Response was:
<h1>Error: 500</h1>
<h2>Location: /soap/servlet/rpcrouter</h2><b>Internal Servlet
response envelope: java.lang.NullPointerException
 at
org.apache.soap.server.http.RPCRouterServlet.doPost(RPCRouterServlet.java,
Compiled Code)
 at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.doService(ServletWrapper.java,Compiled
Code)
[...]

I hope i get some solution to this.
I wonder if Win 95 is the cause of all this?

Thanks in advance.
Viva.

Disclaimer

is strictly prohibited.