Posted to dev@jmeter.apache.org by Milamber <mi...@apache.org> on 2016/05/17 20:48:50 UTC

Download mirrors [was: Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache JMeter 3.0 released]

On 17/05/2016 21:29, sebb wrote:
> On 17 May 2016 at 21:17, Milamber <mi...@apache.org> wrote:

>>> Except that the mirrors have yet to catch up.
>>>
>>> The announce should normally be sent 12-24 hours after the release is
>>> published.
>>
>> No, since, the mirrors are gone from the Download Page, we are only the US
>> and EU ASF mirrors on website, so the announce can be done after ~1 hour.
> Huh? Since when?

I don't remember. If I go to the JMeter Download page, I find only 2
locations for the download (since a lot of times)
(other projects like Ant, CloudStack, etc are in the same case)

> That is not the case, and if it were, we would have to change the
> download page because the US/EU mirrors are only supposed to be used
> as backup.

Perhaps that is a bug?

> The ASF does not have sufficient bandwidth to serve all its projects
> from its servers which is why we rely on 3rd party mirrors.

If I remember correctly that was a security issue with the way to
deliver the ASF software (but perhaps I mistake)

Re: Download mirrors [was: Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache JMeter 3.0 released]

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 17 May 2016 at 22:00, Milamber <mi...@apache.org> wrote:

> Ok, If I change my IP address from a Moroccan IP to a French IP, I can see
> some mirrors... and yes the mirrors arent up to date... badly.
>
> Probably some IP geolocation on the ASF download script...

Yes, that does do geolocation.
It ought to do something better if there is no exact match for the country-code.
I'll raise a bug on it.

Posted by Milamber <mi...@apache.org>.