Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Wouter de Vaal <wo...@hotmail.com> on 2004/04/07 11:36:51 UTC

generating .html files

Hi,

Is it possible to have tapestry read on-the-file generated .html files? For example:

I have an XML file which I will transform with XSL into a html file containing jwcid tags, how can I make
the tapestry engine select this file instead of searching for the static html file?

Regards,
Wouter de Vaal

Re: generating .html files

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
I don't know why getTemplateData is there or where it is used either.

One note - I'm going to make ParserDelegate its own standalone class
after 3.0 FINAL is released so that it can be used by template source
delegates easily.

Re: generating .jwc files

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
On Apr 8, 2004, at 10:30 AM, secam secam wrote:
> I've suppose that we can also do the same things with
> the .jwc files
> I've read in the doc (extension) that we can do that
> with ISpecificationResolverDelegate.
> But i've got a problem with the .page that fire my
> component.
> when i try to delete my .jwc i've got an error
> message:
> component not found in the application namespace.
>
> Have you got any explanation or any idea to solve this
> prob?

Now you're venturing into some complex areas.

It's a bit different with component specifications.  You would not
create literally a .jwc or .page file, but rather create an
IComponentSpecification.  You can override createSpecificationSource on
the engine.

I did this with a bit of success, but it was getting quite complex and
I changed what I was doing to using @Block's dynamically instead and
have shelved the ultra dynamic component generation piece I prototyped.
  I posted on this a while back, so you can dredge up those messages
from the archives - I actually posted a fair bit of the gory details of
what I did.

I think there is some incredible power to be had by dynamically
creating components - it just gets hairy and not really worth the
effort for most situations.

	Erik

Re: generating .jwc files

Posted by secam secam <se...@yahoo.fr>.
I've suppose that we can also do the same things with
the .jwc files
I've read in the doc (extension) that we can do that
with ISpecificationResolverDelegate.
But i've got a problem with the .page that fire my
component.
when i try to delete my .jwc i've got an error
message:
component not found in the application namespace.

Have you got any explanation or any idea to solve this
prob?

Pierre-Alexandre

--- secam secam <se...@yahoo.fr> a écrit : >
> I figured it out.
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Pierre-Alexandre.
>
>  --- Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com> a
> écrit
> : > I believe IResourceLocation in this context is
> only
> > used for
> > line-precise error reporting and you can safely
> pass
> > null for its
> > value.
> >
> > 	Erik
> >

> > On Apr 8, 2004, at 6:09 AM, secam secam wrote:
> >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > That's work quite well,
> > > but i've got an other littel problem of
> > comprehension.
> > > In the TemplateParser.parse(...) what is the
> > relation
> > > between the IResourceLocation and the
> > templatedata?
> > >
> > > Thanks for help,
> > >
> > > Pierre-Alexandre.
> > > --- Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com> a
> > écrit
> > > : >

> > this.

> > are

> TemplateParser.
> > using

> <wo...@hotmail.com>
> also
> in

=== message truncated ===

Re: generating .html files

Posted by secam secam <se...@yahoo.fr>.
I figured it out.
Thanks for your help.

Pierre-Alexandre.

 --- Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com> a écrit
: > I believe IResourceLocation in this context is
only
> used for
> line-precise error reporting and you can safely pass
> null for its
> value.
>
> 	Erik
>

> On Apr 8, 2004, at 6:09 AM, secam secam wrote:
>
> > Thanks,
> >
> > That's work quite well,
> > but i've got an other littel problem of
> comprehension.
> > In the TemplateParser.parse(...) what is the
> relation
> > between the IResourceLocation and the
> templatedata?
> >
> > Thanks for help,
> >
> > Pierre-Alexandre.
> > --- Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com> a
> écrit
> > : >

> this.

> are
> >> the

> >> Look at DefaultTemplateSource and TemplateParser.
> >> You don't need to
> >> understand the tokens - just parse a template
> using
> >> TemplateParser to
> >> get the tokens back.
> >>
> >> 	Erik