Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by Jon Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com> on 2000/09/01 22:59:53 UTC

Re: User Design Issues, principle, and the whole philosophy (who is your customer, anyway?

on 9/1/2000 1:53 PM, "Dave Glowacki" <dg...@ssec.wisc.edu> wrote:

> Jon Stevens wrote:
>> At some level, having Velocity at a high level position (ie: in the ASF)
>> allows us to resist that type of feature crap (like adding #while and #begin
>> and #end).
>
> How are #begin and #end "features"?  They don't add anything to
> the feature set, they're just mnemonic devices.

Picky picky picky. I write a 2 page email and you analyze it down to a minor
point of 3 lines which totally ignores the entire point of the email.
Amazing.

-jon

--
http://scarab.tigris.org/    | http://noodle.tigris.org/