Posted to docs@httpd.apache.org by Astrid Keßler <ke...@kess-net.de> on 2002/12/18 00:57:46 UTC

Why distributing xml documentation?

Well, I've read the discussion below between nd and Eric about
referencing the entity files locally or not. It's really a question of
taste. For only one little academical advantage I'm + 1 to use local
files: the xml file could be read locally. No online connection is
nesseccary for browsers not knowing or handling public identifiers
locally.

But this get's me to the question whether or not to distribute the xml
documentation with a release. Imho there is no advantage for the user at
the moment. I suggest to distribute only the html files.
We should delete the xml files, the style/w3 directory, the xsl stuff
and the style/lang directory from our future releases.

Comments?
 Kess