Posted to mirrors@apache.org by Brian Behlendorf <br...@apache.org> on 2000/05/04 10:12:55 UTC

FTP disabled.

As long threatened, FTP is now disabled on www.apache.org, so you will
need to use rsync or cvsup to get access to the mirrored content.  My
apologies for the rushed nature of this, but a recent security incident on
the www.apache.org box hammered home why running redundant daemons whose
security can not be trusted is just not a good idea.  Please see
http://www.apache.org/info/how-to-mirror.html for details on rsync and
cvsup.  Thanks.

	Brian

Re: FTP disabled.

Posted by Pavel Yakovlev <ha...@citycat.ru>.
OK
www.citycat.ru/apache/ switched to the rsync from a ftp

BB> As long threatened, FTP is now disabled on www.apache.org, so you will
BB> need to use rsync or cvsup to get access to the mirrored content.  My
BB> apologies for the rushed nature of this, but a recent security incident on
BB> the www.apache.org box hammered home why running redundant daemons whose
BB> security can not be trusted is just not a good idea.  Please see
BB> http://www.apache.org/info/how-to-mirror.html for details on rsync and
BB> cvsup.  Thanks.

BB>         Brian

Pavel Yakovlev   http://www.citycat.ru/
WebMaster and coAuthor of CityCat project.
e-mail: hac@citycat.ru ICQ 8085803     PPY-RIPN
"When God talks with me it's the miracle. When I talk with God it's the madness"