Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by swapnil vaidya <sw...@gmail.com> on 2015/11/09 10:23:11 UTC

[users@httpd] Issue with server alias in case of mod proxy AJP

<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/33448243/ajp-doesnt-work-with-server-alias#>

I have a application which has apache and tomcat configured using
mod_proxy_ajp.

We have configured it in httpd.conf as below:

# This is to redirect any request which is coming with hostname to
Login.jspRewriteRule ^/$ /jsp/Login.jsp [R]
#include httpd-proxy.conf<IfModule mod_proxy_ajp.c>
 Include conf/extra/httpd-proxy.conf</IfModule>

Into httpd-proxy.conf following is the proxy configuration:

<Proxy *>
  AddDefaultCharset Off
  Order deny,allow
  Allow from all</Proxy>
ProxyPass /jsp/ ajp://localhost:8009/jsp/
ProxyPassReverse /jsp/ ajp://localhost:8009/jsp/

in server.xml file for tomcat we have configured AJP connector as below:

 <Connector port="8009" protocol="org.apache.coyote.ajp.AjpProtocol"
redirectPort="8443" address="localhost"
        enableLookups="true" maxThreads="500"
connectionTimeout="120000" URIEncoding="UTF-8" />

Now when i access my machine with host name and ip address the request
works fine and Login.jsp is displayed. However if i add an entry into hosts
file on both server as well as client(from where browser is running) with
some alias to original server name as below then it doesn't work.

    some_ip_address original_host_name  alias1 #This is alias

The request is redirected to Login.jsp when I make request as http://alias1
but the page is not coming up. In browser i can see the url as
http://alias1/jsp/Login.jsp but page is not coming up. In apache ajp logs I
can see response code is 200. So not sure where exactly is the problem Can
anybody please help me