Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Steve <st...@neobits.com> on 2009/04/01 20:15:24 UTC

Load California Sales Tax Rates

There are around 2,000 entities, what is the best way to load/update
these? Is there a good process to update them from a file of some
sort? Anyone know where such a file is?

Have not had any luck looking for the data.

Steve

Re: Load California Sales Tax Rates

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.

Re: Load California Sales Tax Rates

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.

Re: Load California Sales Tax Rates

Posted by neobits <st...@neobits.com>.
What I would most like to understand is how an order even gets sales tax on
it. A customer places an order, what associates the customer with a sales
tax region, authority, whatever?

In California, that is by zip code or city. So, when a customer is placing
an order, what tells ofBiz to look something up, and, where does it look it
up? I do not see that doc anywhere.

Sure, I can see that there are some tables for taxes, and, I can see there
are tax authority geo codes (ids). So, what associates a customer to a given
tax_authority_geo_id, i.e., how does ofbiz determine that customer has that
geo id? It has to look something up somewhere, based on something. And where
is that something defined? Or, is it just build in, still, if so, I'd like
to understand how that association happens.

Re: Load California Sales Tax Rates

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.