Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Jean-Paul Natola <jn...@familycareintl.org> on 2007/08/28 20:07:15 UTC

OT blacklist check

Hi all,

I saw that my server wound up on http://spamcop.net/bl.shtml so I had my
server removed- however , I think I may on other blacklist(s)  as I
roadrunner *.rr.com is not accepting emails from our server-

Is there a  way I can check my IP to see if I've been blacklisted anywhere
else?

Jean-Paul

Re: OT blacklist check

Posted by Bob McClure Jr <bo...@bobcatos.com>.
On Tue, Aug 28, 2007 at 03:31:44PM -0400, Jean-Paul Natola wrote:

> Hi, Jean Paul, check this site:
> http://www.robtex.com/rbl.html
> It does multi RBL checks, saved my butt a few times ;)
>
> Peace,
>

> Luis
>
> 2007/8/28, Jean-Paul Natola <jn...@familycareintl.org>:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I saw that my server wound up on http://spamcop.net/bl.shtml so I had my
> > server removed- however , I think I may on other blacklist(s)  as I
> > roadrunner *.rr.com is not accepting emails from our server-
> >
> > Is there a  way I can check my IP to see if I've been blacklisted anywhere
> > else?
> >

> Thanx- I'm not listed anywhere - so why am I getting errors like
> An SMTP protocol error occurred-
> And
>
> The connection was dropped by the remote host

Is just a single mail server (or set of servers) dropping you?  Maybe
you are on their local blacklist.  I've had several problems like that
with mxlogic.{net,com} servers.  If so, you will have to look them up
and give them a ringy-dingy and anything else that's appropriate.

Cheers,
bob@bobcatos.com             http://www.bobcatos.com
"If you do not listen, and if you do not set your heart to honor my
name," says the LORD Almighty, "I will send a curse upon you, and I
will curse your blessings. Yes, I have already cursed them, because
you have not set your heart to honor me."  Malachi 2:2 (NIV)

Re: OT blacklist check

Posted by Bob Proulx <bo...@proulx.com>.
Jean-Paul Natola wrote:
> I'm not listed anywhere - so why am I getting errors like
> An SMTP protocol error occurred-
> And
> The connection was dropped by the remote host

Neither of those would be likely due to RBLs.  Almost always an RBL
block will post the reason for the rejection in the rejection
message.

Those look exactly like they say, an SMTP protocol error or some
such.  Why would you be having a protocol error?  I don't know but I
would want to see a trace of the handshake between the two servers.
That should say which is at fault.

Have you changed anything recently in the MTA configuration?  Added
any milters or other processing steps in the path?  Or has the other
site?

Bob

RE: OT blacklist check

Posted by Jean-Paul Natola <jn...@familycareintl.org>.

Hi, Jean Paul, check this site:

Re: OT blacklist check

Posted by Luis HernĂ¡n Otegui <lu...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Jean Paul, check this site:
http://www.robtex.com/rbl.html
It does multi RBL checks, saved my butt a few times ;)

Peace,

Luis

2007/8/28, Jean-Paul Natola <jn...@familycareintl.org>:
> Hi all,
>
> I saw that my server wound up on http://spamcop.net/bl.shtml so I had my
> server removed- however , I think I may on other blacklist(s)  as I
> roadrunner *.rr.com is not accepting emails from our server-
>
> Is there a  way I can check my IP to see if I've been blacklisted anywhere
> else?
>

> Jean-Paul

GNU-GPL: "May The Source Be With You...
Linux Registered User #448382.
When I grow up, I wanna be like Theo...

RE: OT blacklist check

Posted by Jerry Durand <jd...@interstellar.com>.
At 11:10 AM 8/28/2007, Dan Barker wrote:
>  http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/ip4r.ch?ip=74.254.46.133 works for me, but
>your IP is probably not 74.254.46.133<g>.
>
>Dan

Also, your site will probably be on several blacklists.  Hopefully
none that are commonly used.  I think everyone is on at least one blacklist.

Recently I found we're on at least one because our mail receiving is
done on a dynamic IP address, even though our sending is done through
a fixed IP with SPF.

tel: +1 408 356-3886, USA toll free: 1 866 356-3886
Skype:  jerrydurand

RE: OT blacklist check

Posted by Dan Barker <db...@visioncomm.net>.