Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Hassan Schroeder <ha...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/12 21:14:43 UTC

Re: installing tomcat7-admin --- I have not /etc/tomcat7 directory

On Sat, Jul 12, 2014 at 11:59 AM, Jim Anderson <ji...@jjajava.com>
wrote:

>    I am running on crunchbang Linux, a derivative of Debian Linux, and I
> use apt-get to install most packages.
>
> However, I am in the process of upgrading from tomcat6 to tomcat7 and I
> have a problem because tomcat7
> is not available for download with the crunchbang distribution. When
> tomcat6-admin was installed with apt-get,
> the /etc/tomcat6 directory got populated for me. I downloaded tomcat7 as a
> compressed tar file from
> apache and installed it. The Tomcat7 daemon is running. But right now, non
> of my web applications
> can be accessed from my browser and there is no /etc/tomcat7 directory to
> control the local configuration.
>
> I will look at the web application failure at a later time. For now, I
> would like to get the tomcat web
> manager running but I need a /etc/tomcat7 directory set up properly.

No you don't :-)

A standard Tomcat installation doesn't (thankfully!) splatter parts of
the app all over the place, Debian-style.

Take a closer look at what you installed; everything you need to run
Tomcat, including the manager app, is right there already.

http://about.me/hassanschroeder
twitter: @hassan