Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Bailey, Shane C." <SH...@saic.com> on 2003/07/16 16:46:08 UTC

[OT] Display Time was RE: How to use

          I need to display the time difference between two dates.  I may be
making this harder than it seems.

          My first instinct is to do long timeDiff = date2.getTime() -
date1.getTime()  but then how do I get this

          millisecond format to display as: "dddaysHHhrsmmminsssecSSms"
meaning "2days12hrs13min23sec15ms",

          very confusing I think (how do I set the format string, I mean do
I backslash "dd\daysHH\hrs" etc? how will

          the formatter know that the 's' in "days" doesn't mean to display
seconds?

          Any suggestions would be great!

          TIA

Date: Tuesday, July 15, 2003 02:57:30 PM

To: struts-user@jakarta.apache.org <ma...@jakarta.apache.org>

Subject: How to use

Hi ,
Can anybody let me know how to use "bean:write" for formatting the text.

What is the difference between format / formaKey in Bean:write attributes ?

What are all the valid message format texts that I can use in
ApplicationResourse.

Kishore Kumar K
Covansys India Pvt Ltd
*:- Rkishore@Covansys.com <ma...@Covansys.com>