Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Jacek Laskowski <el...@gmail.com> on 2006/02/25 22:33:53 UTC

Devtools web space (was: Re: Geronimo Eclipse Plugin released)

2006/2/24, Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>:

> > not http://geronimo.apache.org/devtools/
>
> That dir and its index should be removed then.

Well, it struck me since it's a subproject with its own release
schedule it should (might?) also have its own web space to work in.
Hadn't it be better if the above url were the space?

BTW, why doesn't the Apache Geronimo logo on the top left-hand side
direct to the main page of Apache Geronimo?

> Bruce

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski
http://www.laskowski.org.pl

Re: Devtools web space (was: Re: Geronimo Eclipse Plugin released)

Posted by Sachin Patel <sp...@gmail.com>.
Hernan, please ping me before you do this.  I just realized that
pushing "devtools" in a "subprojects" directory will break the update
manager site as well as links on the Eclipse site which point to the
geronimo subproject site.

thanks.

- sachin

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <el...@gmail.com>.
2006/2/27, Hernan Cunico <hc...@gmail.com>:

> If there is no hurry, I could make these updates once I have my account created.

As far as I'm concerned, there is not.

> Hernan

Jacek

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.
On Feb 27, 2006, at 10:14 AM, Sachin Patel wrote:

> In addition it would be good to have a "SubProjects" box in the
> left hand side on the front page with direct links to each subproject.

+1

-David

Posted by Sachin Patel <sp...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Hernan Cunico <hc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sachin Patel <sp...@gmail.com>.

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.
On Feb 25, 2006, at 2:07 PM, Jacek Laskowski wrote:

> 2006/2/25, Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>:
>
>> It does seem odd that the tab labeled 'Subprojects' links to
>> a page that is only about the devtools subproject. Maybe the tab
>> should be renamed 'Devtools'?
>
> Sure. It could point Devtools, ServiceMix, XBean. They all are
> subprojects, aren't they?

Actually, I'd like to get a GBuild section up on the website and make
a lot more noise about it.

Don't have much time at this moment to invest in that, though.  If
anyone wanted to run with it, that'd be excellent.

Would be great to squirt some of the content from our GBUILD
confluence space onto the website.  Even if just once manually to get
something up.

(http://opensource2.atlassian.com/confluence/oss/display/GBuild)

-David

Re: Devtools web space (was: Re: Geronimo Eclipse Plugin released)

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <el...@gmail.com>.
2006/2/25, Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>:

> My only point is that there was a devtools.html *and* a devtools
> directory.

I got your point and fully agree with you. There should only be one
and I think devtools dir would be better than devtools.html. Unless I
miss something, it could be done with devtools.html being renamed to
index.html in devtools dir.

> But it appears that the devtools directory has already been
> removed.

Just checked it out and it's still there, but only files are listed.
Not very user-friendly ;)

> It does seem odd that the tab labeled 'Subprojects' links to
> a page that is only about the devtools subproject. Maybe the tab
> should be renamed 'Devtools'?

Sure. It could point Devtools, ServiceMix, XBean. They all are
subprojects, aren't they?

> But, then again, maybe I'm just out of
> my mind.

If these ideas have appeared when you're in this state of mind, please
don't cure it ;) They're all valid points.

> Bruce

Jacek

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.
On 2/25/06, Jacek Laskowski <el...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2006/2/24, Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>:
>
> > > not http://geronimo.apache.org/devtools/
> >
> > That dir and its index should be removed then.
>
> Well, it struck me since it's a subproject with its own release
> schedule it should (might?) also have its own web space to work in.
> Hadn't it be better if the above url were the space?
>
> BTW, why doesn't the Apache Geronimo logo on the top left-hand side
> direct to the main page of Apache Geronimo?

My only point is that there was a devtools.html *and* a devtools
directory. But it appears that the devtools directory has already been
removed. It does seem odd that the tab labeled 'Subprojects' links to
a page that is only about the devtools subproject. Maybe the tab
should be renamed 'Devtools'? But, then again, maybe I'm just out of
my mind.

Bruce
);'

Apache Geronimo (http://geronimo.apache.org/)