Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by SoloCDM <de...@aculink.net> on 2003/04/15 07:26:33 UTC

[users@httpd] Redirect, Alias, Or Hard Code

>From past experience, I was under the impression, to protect users
home directories, the users needed to have their ~/public_html
directories put in a location only linked to their home directories.
In this manner, the location connected by a link can have privileges
unlike their home directory and allow others to web browse their
pages.

After reading the documentation for Apache 1.3.22, it refers to
redirections and aliases, which have been around for several versions
. . . maybe to take on additional roles as versions progressed.
What would be the best course of action and what documentation would
explain the steps to make the changes?  As it is, the users home
directories are purposely configured to block any outside users
into their accounts.

--
Note: When you reply to this message, please include the mailing
      list address and my email address in To: and/or Cc: with