Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/16 19:13:51 UTC

Re: 5.3.2 updated

On Sat, Feb 4, 2012 at 2:56 AM, Massimo Lusetti <ml...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 8:43 AM, Ulrich Stärk <ul...@spielviel.de> wrote:
>> We'd basically commit to help build up the Git hosting infrastructure at the ASF, something at least I don't have time for. So before I go and bug infrastructure, I need a committment from at least one volunteer who is willing to help.
> Uli would please explain what actually means "to help" here? Which
> kind of help would be needed!?

There was a recent thread titled "Git for Log4PHP and CloudStack" on
infrastructure@. In summary, infra is allowing more projects to merge
to git, under the same terms as the initial set (projects sign up to
help with potential git workflow issues, provide feedback, need to
name a volunteer to act as a git coordinator with infra). Based on a
few other projects I'm following and have moved to git, there doesn't
seem to a lot of git related overhead. Massimo, would you be able to
sign up as our git champion? I can help with initiating the requests
etc. but I don't feel strongly enough about it to take it as a long
term commitment.

Kalle

Re: 5.3.2 updated

Posted by Ulrich Stärk <ul...@spielviel.de>.
On 18.04.2012 08:39, Massimo Lusetti wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 7:13 PM, Kalle Korhonen
> <ka...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> There was a recent thread titled "Git for Log4PHP and CloudStack" on
>> infrastructure@. In summary, infra is allowing more projects to merge
>> to git, under the same terms as the initial set (projects sign up to
>> help with potential git workflow issues, provide feedback, need to
>> name a volunteer to act as a git coordinator with infra). Based on a
>> few other projects I'm following and have moved to git, there doesn't
>> seem to a lot of git related overhead. Massimo, would you be able to
>> sign up as our git champion? I can help with initiating the requests
>> etc. but I don't feel strongly enough about it to take it as a long
>> term commitment.
> I feel I'm a little bit overbooked now but I can see what I can do
> during the weekend or the first days of the next week.
>
> Anyone object or has any doubt about this move? Do everyone agree?
>
> Cheers
+0 I don't really care. I'm OK with SVN and I'll be OK with Git. I don't see any advantages by
choosing one over the other. If you have the time to see this through, go ahead. I don't want to see
this stalled halfways through though. If you commit to work on it I expect that you don't stop until
it's done ;).

Remember. Moving to Git requires volunteering for infra work and reporting to the board on the
community impact.

Uli

Re: 5.3.2 updated

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
+1 I'm anxious to move to Git!

On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 5:46 AM, Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
<th...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Apr 2012 03:39:37 -0300, Massimo Lusetti <ml...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I feel I'm a little bit overbooked now but I can see what I can do
>> during the weekend or the first days of the next week.
>>
>> Anyone object or has any doubt about this move? Do everyone agree?
>

> +1 from me.
>
> --
> Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
> Independent Java, Apache Tapestry 5 and Hibernate consultant, developer, and
> instructor
> http://www.arsmachina.com.br

Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry

(971) 678-5210
http://howardlewisship.com

Re: 5.3.2 updated

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.
wrote:

> I feel I'm a little bit overbooked now but I can see what I can do
> during the weekend or the first days of the next week.
>
> Anyone object or has any doubt about this move? Do everyone agree?

+1 from me.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
and instructor