Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Daniel Klco <dk...@apache.org> on 2016/08/19 16:51:21 UTC

Duplicate Script Cache Clearing Functionality

Hey All,

I noticed that we have duplicate cache clearing functionality between:

   - JSP Scripting Console
   - FS ClassLoader Console

I also noticed that the FS ClassLoader doesn't reset the JSP Context when
it clears the cache. I'm thinking of:

   - Removing the JSP Scripting Console
   - Adding a method to register listeners into the ClassLoaderWriter for
   cache clears to occur
   - Updating the JSP Engine Factory to register a listener which clears
   out the JSP Context

I thought about exposing the classloader cache clear as a Sling event, but
this seems like such a low-level implementation detail I'm not sure that
makes sense.

Any concerns or questions about this approach?

Regards,
Dan

Please see the ticket for more details about the bundles/classes involved:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-5980