Posted to dev@kudu.apache.org by Mike Percy <mp...@apache.org> on 2017/12/02 07:10:19 UTC

[VOTE] Apache Kudu 1.6.0 RC1

Hi,

The Apache Kudu team is happy to announce the first release candidate for
Apache Kudu 1.6.0.

Apache Kudu 1.6.0 is a minor release that offers many improvements and
fixes since the prior release.

The is a source-only release. The artifacts have been staged here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/kudu/1.6.0-RC1/

Java convenience binaries in the form of a Maven repository are staged here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachekudu-1017

It is tagged in Git as 1.6.0-RC1 and the corresponding git hash is the
following:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=kudu.git;a=commit;h=7e28dfc728e54e82d6cbc11fdcd4b9e62f2dfd66

The release notes can be found here:
https://github.com/apache/kudu/blob/1.6.0-RC1/docs/release_notes.adoc

The KEYS file to verify the artifact signatures can be found here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/kudu/KEYS

I'd suggest going through the README and the release notes, building Kudu,
and running the unit tests. Testing out the Maven repo would also be
appreciated.

The vote will run until Tuesday, December 5th at 11PM PDT. We'd normally
run a vote for 3 full days but since we're headed into the weekend now
let's do 4 days instead.

Thanks,
Mike

Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Apache Kudu 1.6.0 RC1

Posted by Mike Percy <mp...@apache.org>.
Brief update on this: the release documentation recommends allowing 24
hours for the mirrors to sync after pushing release artifacts to the
distribution servers, so I'll send out the announcement later today once
the mirrors have gotten their 24 hours.

Mike

Posted by Mike Percy <mp...@apache.org>.

Re: [VOTE] Apache Kudu 1.6.0 RC1

Posted by Hao Hao <ha...@cloudera.com>.
+1 build and ran tests of debug mode on macos.

Best,
Hao

Re: [VOTE] Apache Kudu 1.6.0 RC1

Posted by David Alves <da...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Apache Kudu 1.6.0 RC1

Posted by Dan Burkert <da...@apache.org>.

Re: [VOTE] Apache Kudu 1.6.0 RC1

Posted by Mike Percy <mp...@apache.org>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] Apache Kudu 1.6.0 RC1

Posted by Alexey Serbin <as...@cloudera.com>.
+1

Built and ran tests on OS X (debug) and linux (debug and release) using
ctest -j4.
Everything pass except for kudu-tool-test, that was due to
GLOG_colorlogtostderr environment variable, as pointed by Mike in
KUDU-2234.  Everything passes once the GLOG_colorlogtostderr is unset.
Since it's just some environment-specific detail, I think the RC looks
good to go.

Thanks,

Alexey

Re: [VOTE] Apache Kudu 1.6.0 RC1

Posted by Andrew Wong <aw...@cloudera.com>.
+1

Built on macOS and Centos6 both in debug mode.
Saw the test-only issue Will mentioned on macOS, and no other failures.

Andrew

--
Andrew Wong

Re: [VOTE] Apache Kudu 1.6.0 RC1