Posted to general@lucene.apache.org by Claudio R <us...@yahoo.com.br> on 2010/03/12 01:36:00 UTC

Re: Problem when the synonym has 2 words

Hi Robert.
The Solr's SynonymFilter recommends expanding the synonym
at indexing time. But it will make my index grow much. I can do a
replace in the query before QueryParser run, but this is an
anti-pattern.
What do you suggest Robert?

http://br.maisbuscados.yahoo.com

Re: Problem when the synonym has 2 words

Posted by Simon Willnauer <si...@googlemail.com>.
On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 3:51 AM, Robert Muir <rc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 7:36 PM, Claudio R <us...@yahoo.com.br> wrote:
>> Hi Robert.
>> The Solr's SynonymFilter recommends expanding the synonym
>> at indexing time. But it will make my index grow much. I can do a
>> replace in the query before QueryParser run, but this is an
>> anti-pattern.
>> What do you suggest Robert?
>
> One idea would be to parse the query yourself, in a different way than
> Lucene's QueryParser (don't divide up on whitespace!). Perhaps then
> you could use Solr's SynonymFilter purely at query-time.
There is a extendable query parser in contrib/misc which could help
with this issue.

simon

Posted by Robert Muir <rc...@gmail.com>.