Posted to dev@deltacloud.apache.org by deltacloud <de...@staff.aruba.it> on 2012/07/05 13:04:54 UTC

add new Driver

Dear DeltCloud, we have created a new driver to manage our Cloud (cloudAruba.it) using your amazing API. We' d like to  publish our driver on your portal to make usable those driver. We are working on test cases and the project will be ready in about 2 weeks. We'd like to publish our driver in your "Deltacloud drivers" area what are exactly the steps to do it?
Best regards
Roberto Dalle Mura

Re: add new Driver

Posted by Francesco Vollero <ra...@gmail.com>.
Ciao Roberto,

On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 1:04 PM, deltacloud <de...@staff.aruba.it> wrote:
> Dear DeltCloud, we have created a new driver to manage our Cloud (cloudAruba.it) using your amazing API. We' d like to  publish our driver on your portal to make usable those driver. We are working on test cases and the project will be ready in about 2 weeks. We'd like to publish our driver in your "Deltacloud drivers" area what are exactly the steps to do it?

Well, first seems that you misspelled your own project website since
from the advertisements in tv is: http://www.cloud.it/ :)

Moreover we include the driver, in our server/library, so anyone that
want it just have to download deltacloud server.
If you want assistance or you have inquiries you can ask me in italian
language if you feel more confortable :)

> Best regards
> Roberto Dalle Mura

Cheers,
Francesco Vollero

Re: add new Driver

Posted by "marios@redhat.com" <ma...@redhat.com>.
Ciao Roberto,

On 05/07/12 14:04, deltacloud wrote:
> Dear DeltCloud, we have created a new driver to manage our Cloud (cloudAruba.it) using your amazing API.

awesome... is the cloud service still under construction? (trying to get
to cloudaruba.it gave me "Il Redirect del dominio non è stato configurato.
Per impostare la configurazione è necessario utilizzare l'apposito
pannello dell'Area Clienti all'interno di Hosting.aruba.it")

We' d like to  publish our driver on your portal to make usable those
driver. We are working on test cases and the project will be ready in
about 2 weeks. We'd like to publish our driver in your "Deltacloud
drivers" area what are exactly the steps to do it?

Great stuff. The first step I'd say is to show us the driver :). I mean,
send the driver to the mailing list so it can be reviewed and if you
have any issues we can discuss those. Either send this as a patch (git
format-patch... git send-email - see "send a patch" @
http://deltacloud.apache.org/how-to-contribute.html#how ), or create a
JIRA ticket (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DTACLOUD)  and attach
the driver to that (can't attach files to messages on this list).

It would be great if you could provide some access credentials for a
couple of the core deltacloud developers to use for testing this driver
against your cloud.

hope to hear from you soon - welcome to the project!

marios