Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com> on 2013/07/01 18:34:46 UTC

Re: Apache Ambassadors

On 06/25/2013 08:42 AM, Rich Bowen wrote:

> I'd like to do some things to make it easier for our members and
> committers to be ambassadors for Apache, and I'd like to propose a
> concrete step, inspired by Roy, from a thread on another list.
>
> (Eventually it might be fun to have an official Apache Ambassadors
> program, which, like the other AA, is a 12 step program. However, I've
> only figured out steps one and two: 1) Be Shane (which he's already
> doing), and 2) Be like Shane (which encompasses many of the other
> steps.) )
>
> Anyways, here's the concrete suggestion:
>
> Design and print t-shirts for our committers that plan to attend any
> event, containing a word cloud or artistic rendering of project names
> within the outline of a huge feather and underlined with a specific
> message that we want to convey ... like "I volunteer at Apache / ask
> me how".

How's this for a start:

http://drbacchus.com/projects.html

--
Rich Bowen
rbowen@rcbowen.com

Re: Apache Ambassadors

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.
I just grabbed the full list from projects.apache.org. I'll take a closer
look and slim it down.

--
Rich Bowen, mobile edition
rbowen@rcbowen.com

Re: Apache Ambassadors

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.

Re: Apache Ambassadors

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.
If the logos etc can be made available in some sensible formats,

> people can print their own and save the foundation shipping costs.

Sorry, I haven't yet had as much time to work on this as I had hoped.

Yes, that's certainly part of my vision - making stuff available so that
people can better advocate the Foundation. Logos, prepared "elevator
speeches", brochures for each of our projects, and so on. Having things
available for people to do it themselves, and also having stuff that we can
send to people who can't, or don't want to, do it themselves, and
everything in between.

Most of this stuff is in fact already available, but making it easier to
find is a pretty common theme on this mailing list.

Logos, for example, are available in high resolution formats, but every
time it comes up, there's yet another thread on members@ about where they
are. They should probably be more readily available (along with information
about correct use) off of http://community.apache.org/

Let's make it happen.

Re: Apache Ambassadors

Posted by Dave Cottlehuber <dc...@jsonified.com>.
On 7 July 2013 03:30,  <sh...@e-z.net> wrote:
> FYI:
>
> At most of the meetings I attend, T-shirts are not proper attire.
>
> I do, however, print business cards with the Apache Feather
> and Apache Software Foundation logo, and include my name
> and email address on these cards.

If the logos etc can be made available in some sensible formats,
people can print their own and save the foundation shipping costs.

A+
Dave

Re: Apache Ambassadors

Posted by sh...@e-z.net.
FYI:

At most of the meetings I attend, T-shirts are not proper attire.

I do, however, print business cards with the Apache Feather
and Apache Software Foundation logo, and include my name
and email address on these cards.

Many of the students and professionals I meet are quite
interested in Apache and anything that is managed open source.

Sincerely,
Steven J. Hathaway
XALAN-PMC
<sh...@a.o>