Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Brian Bacsu <bb...@csc.com> on 2004/12/01 19:02:16 UTC

Re: contact for Licensing questions

Hi

We would like to utilize Jetspeed as part of a project we are deploying,
but our legal department has some questions regarding licensing issues for
Jetspeed.

I am wondering who I could contact regarding this.

Thanks,

Brian Bacsu
Sr. Technical Consultant
Computer Sciences Corporation
voice: (519) 454-4253
cell: (248) 797-8168
fax: (519) 454-4589
email: bbacsu@csc.com

written agreement or government initiative expressly permitting the use of
e-mail for such purpose.

Re: contact for Licensing questions

Posted by "Scott T. Weaver" <sc...@binary-designs.net>.
Hi Brian,

Jetspeed uses the Apache Software License v2.0 which is very business
friendly, much more so than any of *GPL licenses.  Basically you can use
and change the software as you see fit without having to commit those
changes back.  However, it is a nice gesture if the changes make are
generally useful ;)

That being said, the general, non-technical apache email is
apache@apache.org you may also want to direct them to the license page,
http://www.apache.org/licenses/.

hth,*
*

--
"Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people."  - Admiral Hyman Rickover

*           Scott T. Weaver               *
*         <we...@apache.org>             *
*     <http://www.einnovation.com>        *
*   Apache Jetspeed Enterprise Portal     *
*     Apache Pluto Portlet Container      *
* OpenEdit, Website Content Management    *
*     <http://www.openedit.org>           *