Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Chris Howard <ch...@facilita.co.uk> on 2010/07/20 10:03:45 UTC

C++ client crashes if it is unable to connect to the broker

  Hi,

I have a very simple C++ program that attempts to connect to a broker
running on localhost:

#include "qpid/messaging/Connection.h"
#include <iostream>

using namespace std;

int main(int argc, char* argv[])
{
     try
     {
         qpid::messaging::Connection connection =
qpid::messaging::Connection::open("amqp:tcp:localhost:5672");
         connection.close();
     }
     catch (qpid::Exception& e)
     {
         cout << e.what() << endl;
     }
}

However, if the broker is not running, then the program crashes during
the call to Connection::open, rather than throwing a ConnectionException.

I see the following output:

2010-07-20 08:45:46 warning Connecting failed: No connection could be
made because the target machine actively refused it. :
(..\..\..\..\cpp\src\qpid\sys\windows\Socket.cpp:219)
2010-07-20 08:45:46 warning Connection closed
Press any key to continue . . .

I also see similar behaviour (in a more complicated program) if the
broker is closed while a session is in progress.
I am using qpid 0.6 and I am running on Windows Vista. Am I doing
something wrong?

Regards,
Chris

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: C++ client crashes if it is unable to connect to the broker

Posted by Chris Howard <ch...@facilita.co.uk>.
  I get exactly the same problem when running both the messaging_client
and the direct_declare_queues examples.
I will have a go at running against the trunk

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Chris Howard <ch...@facilita.co.uk>.

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Chris Howard <ch...@facilita.co.uk>.
  Great, that's just what I wanted to hear.

Posted by Alan Conway <ac...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Chris Howard <ch...@facilita.co.uk>.

Posted by Steve Huston <sh...@riverace.com>.
Hi Chris,