Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Shlomi Hazan <sh...@viber.com> on 2014/11/17 13:46:30 UTC

selecting java producer (0.8.2 or 0.8.1.1?)

Hi,
I need to make a choice and I can't get a full picture on the differences
between the two.
E.g.:
Are both producers async capable to the same extent?
Is the new producer stable for production?
Is there some usage example for the new producer?
What are the tradeoffs using one or another?
10x,
Shlomi

Re: selecting java producer (0.8.2 or 0.8.1.1?)

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@gmail.com>.
In the 0.8.2 final release, the java doc will be updated properly.
See KAFKA-1769

Thanks,

Jun

Posted by Jason Rosenberg <jb...@squareup.com>.