Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by xu3g4m4 <xu...@gmail.com> on 2020/02/12 15:23:07 UTC

Caps lock issue in linux (xrdp)

I found lots of articles talking about the Caps Lock issue in xrdp and
someone said it may be fixed (GUACAMOLE-161 and GUACAMOLE-859), but some
problems probably unsolved at the latest version in my experience.

There are some experiments below:
Env:
guacamole server on centos 7
xrdp: 0.9.12

*Test 1: Guacamole 1.1.0*
/keyboard type - Default (US English)/
Connect to Wins 10 (RDP) - OK
Connect to Centos 7 (XRDP) - Failed

/keyboard type - Unicode/
Connect to Wins 10 (RDP) - OK
Connect to Centos 7 (XRDP) - *some issues**

*Test 2: Guacamole Master (GUACAMOLE-859 - removing +ext in the keymap)*
/keyboard type - Default (US English)/
Connect to Wins 10 (RDP) - *Failed***
Connect to Centos 7 (XRDP) - Failed

/keyboard type - Unicode/
Connect to Wins 10 (RDP) - OK
Connect to Centos 7 (XRDP) - *some issues**

*** When setting Keyboard type is Unicode, caps lock maybe works. BUT some
issues happen.
1. I need press the caps lock to active the function active. It means it
will work after I press the caps lock second time. It will cause the Caps
Lock key's light reversed.
2. If the caps lock is working, the Shift will lose the function. It also
need press shift twice to recover its function, and caps lock will lose its
function.

**** If I use master version (GUACAMOLE-859 - removing +ext in the keymap),
the caps lock will lose function at keyboard Unicode setting in Wins 10,
which is normal at the current version (1.1.0)

I would like to connect to linux OS using xrdp, and how could I solve the
Caps Lock issue?

Re: Caps lock issue in linux (xrdp)

Posted by xu3g4m4 <xu...@gmail.com>.
I tried to connect to wins 10.
If the keyboard type is Default (US), it does not work.
If the keyboard type is Unicode, it is work.

Besides, I tried to connect to other Linux distributions such as Debian, it
still exists issue ( I tried both default and Unicode).

Re: Caps lock issue in linux (xrdp)

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Feb 13, 2020 at 7:52 AM xu3g4m4 <xu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The latest version I mean is  the Master branch (have modified
> GUACAMOLE-859
> - removing +ext in the keymap). But it still exists some caps lock issue
> while I tried to connect to Linux os using xrdp.
> 1. It didn't work when I set the keyboard type is the default (US).
> 2. When I set the keyboard type is Unicode, I need to press the caps lock
> activate the function. It means it will work after I press the caps lock
> the
> second time. It will cause the Caps Lock key's light reversed.

Have you tested against other RDP targets (Windows) to see if the behavior
is the same?  Also, do other RDP clients behave correctly with xrdp?

-Nick

Re: Caps lock issue in linux (xrdp)

Posted by xu3g4m4 <xu...@gmail.com>.
The latest version I mean is  the Master branch (have modified GUACAMOLE-859
- removing +ext in the keymap). But it still exists some caps lock issue
while I tried to connect to Linux os using xrdp.
1. It didn't work when I set the keyboard type is the default (US).
2. When I set the keyboard type is Unicode, I need to press the caps lock to

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Feb 12, 2020 at 10:23 AM xu3g4m4 <xu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I found lots of articles talking about the Caps Lock issue in xrdp and
> someone said it may be fixed (GUACAMOLE-161 and GUACAMOLE-859), but some
> problems probably unsolved at the latest version in my experience.

When you say "latest version", do you mean 1.1.0?  GUACAMOLE-859 was not
resolved in 1.1.0, it will be in the next release.  Are you testing, or are
you able to test with, the git master version to see if its resolved there?

-Nick