Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Georg Kallidis <ge...@cedis.fu-berlin.de> on 2021/10/15 14:32:04 UTC

Fulcrum Security Hibernate Module

Hi Turbine Dev community,

before we are ready to come up with the "big" Turbine Core release 5.1
(any volunteers noticing it now ;-)!)
we need to do a Fulcrum Security Component release, as it is a core
dependency.

But I still get vulnerability warnings for the hibernate module, if I run

mvn org.owasp:dependency-check-maven:aggregate -DskipTests=true

https://nvd.nist.gov/vuln/detail/CVE-2020-25638
https://nvd.nist.gov/vuln/detail/CVE-2019-14900

We have the following options:

a) just wait until someone is prepared to fix it by upgrading (at least to
hibernate 5.3.23 from 3.6.10).
b) ignore it (suppress it) or
c) disable/remove it ?

Does anyone need this component to be up-to-date soon ? If no, IMO we
should disable it for now -?

Nevertheless a JIRA task-issue could be opened to do it later ..

Best regards, Georg

Re: Fulcrum Security Hibernate Module

Posted by Thomas Vandahl <tv...@apache.org>.
Hi Georg,

> Am 15.10.2021 um 16:32 schrieb Georg Kallidis <ge...@cedis.fu-berlin.de>:
>
> a) just wait until someone is prepared to fix it by upgrading (at least to
> hibernate 5.3.23 from 3.6.10).

I guess that nowadays JPA would be the way to go. I always (half-heartedly) tried to keep the module at least current with the API, but never used it in a real application. Therefore...

> b) ignore it (suppress it) or
> c) disable/remove it ?

... I'm in favour for c)

> Nevertheless a JIRA task-issue could be opened to do it later ..
+1

Bye, Thomas

Re: Fulcrum Security Hibernate Module

Posted by Jeffery Painter <je...@jivecast.com>.